The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree373Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2017)

It is time to start a new thread requesting flies for both 2017 Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery programs. This will be the fifth straight year we have donated flies and fly fishing materials to CFR and PHW. If you have any excess flies that you would like to donate or are willing to tie up six or maybe a dozen for those two great organizations, that would be wonderful. The flies don't need to be all the same pattern, but they do need to be unused flies. If you can't tie or don't tie flies, we also except fly boxes, nippers, forceps, tippet, leaders or other fly fishing related items that would be appropriate as raffle items for the respective retreats.

The Project Healing Waters fly donation will be going to Bob Gartner who is the program lead at Ft Belvoir and was a tremendous help the last several years in getting our flies distributed throughout the country to those PHW's programs in need. Last year our flies were added to the flies generated in the two fly tying marathons that PHW's put on, for a total of 5,000 flies that were distributed around the country. We ended up donating just over 1,000 flies to PHW, if I remember correctly. It never ceases to amaze me what a few people can do to help those in need.

We also are planning on donating flies to the Casper PHW program, as well as the Wyoming CFR program, the Michigan CFR program, and the Utah CFR program. If you have a favorite PHW or CFR program and want to donate your flies to them, let me know and I will make it happen. Last year we had 27 forum members who helped out with this project and we were able to donate 263 dozen flies and a ton of fly fishing related items to both of those great organizations. Thanks everyone that helped donate flies, materials and cash!!!!!

This year I would like to see that we support "Tight Lines for Tranquility", a program that one of our own forum members "nevadanstig" is trying to get off the ground:

Paying it forward the best I can...

If your willing to donate flies or other fly fishing related items to either Project Healing Waters, Casting for Recovery or Tight Lines for Tranquility, send me a PM and I will forward my address.

My goal is to have all donated flies and fly fishing accessories to me by the end of April 2017, so I can get them mailed to the respective organizations.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Volunteers for the 2017 PHW and CFR fly and fly material donation:
1. Spm......donation received!
2. Rockriver......donation received!
3. McNerney......flies completed!
4. Nevadanstig......donation received!
5. Hairwing530......"HUGE" donation received!
6. Wjl......donation received!
7. Mootsfly......donation received!
8. R reese......donation received!
9. Scoutm's fishing buddies "Jeff and Dan"......donation received!
10. Unknownflyman......donation received!
11. Flyminded......donation received!
12. Fredaevans......donation received!
13. Wynn knaught......donation received
14. Jpbfly......donation received!
15. Lil_ol_angler_me......donation received!
16. Troutma99......donation sent directly to Bob Gartner at PHW!
17. Roachm......donation received!
18. Mka......donation received!
19. K_e_v......donation received!
20. Don_p......donation received!
21. Wjl......donation received!
22. Wmw4......donation received!
23. Bear 007......donation received!
24. Montanacur
25. Dennyk......donation received!!!!!
26. Kevind62......donation received!
27. Liphookedau......donation received!
28. Roachm......donation received!
29. Stenacron......donation received!
30. Nijimasu1......donation received!
31. Goshawk87......donation received!
32. Looper34......donation sent directly to Bob Gartner at PHW!
33. Mbrman......donation received!
34. Frank Whiton......donation received!
35. Scoutm......donation received!
36. Anonymous donor.......donation received!
37. Jaybo41......donation received!
38. Fishiowa......donation received!

Last edited by mcnerney; 05-26-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:18 PM

wjl is a splendid one to beholdwjl is a splendid one to beholdwjl is a splendid one to beholdwjl is a splendid one to beholdwjl is a splendid one to beholdwjl is a splendid one to beholdwjl is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2017)

Put me on that list.

Gathering things:
Umpqua Feather Merchants Trout Leader - Tapered, 7.5
Everybody needs to go from line to fly somehow @ 0.99 great buy

Last edited by wjl; 11-12-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:51 AM

r reese is a splendid one to beholdr reese is a splendid one to beholdr reese is a splendid one to beholdr reese is a splendid one to beholdr reese is a splendid one to beholdr reese is a splendid one to beholdr reese is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2017)

Put me on the list. I will tie up some flies and come up with some others. PM me where to send
Old 11-12-2016, 07:10 PM

unknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2017)

I'm there, expect a lot of bugs this year. I'm organized. I might have to buy some flies from hairwing too and have them sent. I felt bad not buying some last year, I know how much it means to him and his kids. Sorry hairwing.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:00 PM

flyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to behold

Count me in for some flies and whatever else I can rustle up
Old 11-13-2016, 06:42 AM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute

unknownflyman,

No worries on this end. My friendship/open invitation to my stretch of the river aren't conditional on fly purchases-- last year's, this year's or next. Do the "box buys" help out on this end, especially with "my kids" in session? You bet! Regardless, you can go to the bank on the following... There's always something cold in the refrigerator, open chairs can forever be found on the river porch, and my vise will be turning and burning on my desk whenever you might need it. After all, a strong show of support for PHW/CFR will be a good part of this winter's ultimate goals...

Thanks for including "my kids" and me in your thoughts, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 11-13-2016, 07:27 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
It is time to start a new thread requesting flies for both 2017 Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery programs. This will be the fifth straight year we have donated flies and fly fishing materials to CFR and PHW. If you have any excess flies that you would like to donate or are willing to tie up six or maybe a dozen for those two great organizations, that would be wonderful. The flies don't need to be all the same pattern, but they do need to be unused flies. If you can't tie or don't tie flies, we also except fly boxes, nippers, forceps, tippet, leaders or other fly fishing related items that would be appropriate as raffle items for the respective retreats.

The Project Healing Waters fly donation will be going to Bob Gartner who is the program lead at Ft Belvoir and was a tremendous help the last several years in getting our flies distributed throughout the country to those PHW's programs in need. Last year our flies were added to the flies generated in the two fly tying marathons that PHW's put on, for a total of 5,000 flies that were distributed around the country. We ended up donating just over 1,000 flies to PHW, if I remember correctly. It never ceases to amaze me what a few people can do to help those in need.

We also are planning on donating flies to the Casper PHW program, as well as the Wyoming CFR program, the Michigan CFR program, and the Utah CFR program. If you have a favorite PHW or CFR program and want to donate your flies to them, let me know and I will make it happen. Last year we had 27 forum members who helped out with this project and we were able to donate 263 dozen flies and a ton of fly fishing related items to both of those great organizations. Thanks everyone that helped donate flies, materials and cash!!!!!

This year I would like to see that we support "Tight Lines for Tranquility", a program that one of our own forum members "nevadanstig" is trying to get off the ground:

Paying it forward the best I can...

If your willing to donate flies or other fly fishing related items to either Project Healing Waters, Casting for Recovery or Tight Lines for Tranquility, send me a PM and I will forward my address.

My goal is to have all donated flies and fly fishing accessories to me by the end of April 2017, so I can get them mailed to the respective organizations.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Volunteers for the 2017 PHW and CFR fly and fly material donation:
1. Spm
2. Rockriver
3. McNerney
4. Nevadanstig
5. Hairwing530
6. Wjl
7. Mootsfly
8. R reese
9. Scoutm's fishing buddies Jeff and Dan......donation received!
10. Unknownflyman
11. Flyminded
12.Fredaevans
Ard PM me an address as to where to send; did a good turn for a friend in the UK and he tied me up two wondful boxes of 'My fav. trout flies.' More than happy to send them along. Lightly weighted bead heads, deer hair skaters, etc. Between the two boxes probably close to 50-60 flies.

Fred
Old 11-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fred

Sent you a pm!

Thanks for your donation to the guys and gals at Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery, it is very much appreciated!

Old 11-15-2016, 06:11 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fred

Sent you a pm!

Thanks for your donation to the guys and gals at Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery, it is very much appreciated!
Fly boxes posted off to you yesterday. Local Postie Lady thought the idea of this was 'Capital!' Some where, in her back ground, is a Brit or a Canadian.

Fly boxes can be a bit of a pain to open as they are water tight. Bent over, one fell out ... last seen floating down the River. Insert string of 'four letter' words.

fae
Old 11-15-2016, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how I missed this post.I will tie some flies or nymphs as usual of course