The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 AM

welshmike1 is on a distinguished road
Default Spring Creeks in September

I will be staying in Pine Creek MT for the last 2 weeks of September.
I note there are 3 private spring creeks DePuy, Armstrongs and Nelsons. As I would have to book in advice is fishing any of these worthwhile at that time of the year. If so what type of fishing should I expect, dry, nymph or streamer ?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 PM

mt_flyfisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spring Creeks in September

Mike -

Go to the Fly Anglers Online Website, another fly fishing forum:

Fly Anglers OnLine, Your Complete Internet Flyfishing Resource.

If you look under the section titled "articles" and the subsection titled "eye of the guide" you will find a whole series of articles published there a couple years ago by Tom Travis on fishing these spring creeks throughout the year. There is a lot of other information thereas well that you might find helpful with regard to your trip.

That Forum is owned by Neil Travis, a retired judge who lives in Livingston. Tom Travis is Neil's nephew, and a guide who is also from Livingston. Between the two of them, they probably know these spring creeks as well as anyone.

John