The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:00 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road
Default Something I wouldn't have noticed 4 weeks ago.

I got back from a quick morning visit to Goodnow Brook (Newcomb, NY). Glad to say I caught my first trout. Sorry to say it was only about five inches long but it was beautiful. Also sorry to say that I didn't have a camera with me. Even sorrier that my son, Xavier, wasn't there with me. But... I digress. When I got back to my car, this mayfly was in my tailpipe. Before I started flyfishing, I would not have taken notice of this stunning insect.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
Michael

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:48 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something I wouldn't have noticed 4 weeks ago.

Hi Michael,
I understand fully. Even after fly fishing for years, bugs were all bugs to me. Most of my fly fishing was for bass, and Wooly Buggers and poppers were
my standard flies. I began taking a much greater interest in trout over the past 5 years, and now view insects as more than just bugs. My wife has just begun to show an interest in hatches, and that's a good sign!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on landing that first trout! That is something that will be with you for a long time, savor the moment, may you catch and release many more!

Larry
Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's paying attention to 'detail.' The bug was IN your cars tailpipe?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 AM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Now that's paying attention to 'detail.' The bug was IN your cars tailpipe?
Yep. Here's a shot of it.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Glad to hear that the new dimension is opening up for you. Beautiful area where you get to fish,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-16-2010, 02:30 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the first trout. You'll be catching monsters before you know it.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog