The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How are the Water Levels Where You Live?

The water levels are LOW in SE Pennsylvania! My wife and I were fishing the Delaware (Bucks County stretch) yesterday, and barely got the tops of our boots wet. That's not entirely true, as Yvonne tripped while wading, and was wet to the top of her chest waders. The Neshaminy Creek looks like Death Valley, and I haven't even bothered chasing the fish in the few holes that are left. While there's been a mild rain this afternoon, it really hasn't rained much here this summer. I canoed the same section of the Delaware at the exact same time last year (with Frank Jr), and the water has receeded at least 60-70 feet from the banks! Needless to say, the fishing has become very difficult, and it's a game of finding pools.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM

ssjchar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How are the Water Levels Where You Live?

it is crazy high here. well not so much anymore, but still a lot higher than what it usually is. the river is about 3 feet higher than what it usually is, and earlier this year it was probably 4 or 5 feet higher than what it is now. We've had sooo much water this year that its been crazy.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:30 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Tell me about it Frank. The past couple weeks have just outright sucked. I have a few trips planned out to some of the local lakes hoping things might be a little better there, but I'm not being too optimistic.

Supposed to rain Tuesday. Fingers crossed.....
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 08-22-2010, 05:33 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of lakes, Anthony, I dropped a rod and reel into the local lake a couple years ago. The water was 20 feet deep there, but maybe I'll be able to spot it now....

ssjchar,
Where's here? I'm trying to find out if this is a nationwide thing.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

LOL

Tie a magnet to the end of your fly line and you can go fishing for it!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 PM

ssjchar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
ssjchar,
Where's here? I'm trying to find out if this is a nationwide thing.
oh man, i thought i set my location, i guess not. Here is Saskatchewan, Canada.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

The rivers here are starting to drop now after over 60 days of rain. Yes I said 60 days. I managed to catch fish over the past three weeks but it has been a challenge. I wasn't going to go to Kodiak this fall but I might make the trip and hope it isn't raining there, right, it always rains there.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-22-2010, 08:52 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

the water here is about 225 feet below sea level... can you figure out where i live?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
the water here is about 225 feet below sea level... can you figure out where i live?
Atlantis?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:31 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

good guess! further west. hint: the only lower spot in the western hemisphere is badwater in death valley n.p.