The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 06:51 PM

jamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura about
Default Tuesday Evening Fishing

Beautiful evening fishing, and as Ant just said in another thread; "Any day you get a line wet is a good day".

Click the image to open in full size.

This is the view from where I was fishing tonight. The beaver lodge I usually fish close to is just out of the picture to the left at the head of the pond.

Managed to hook a couple of nice trout, in spite of their fussiness tonight. Both were caught on a #14 Mosquito. I tried a couple of nymphs (one was a # 12 beadhead with which I was having issues) before the wind dropped off, and then a Coachman & a Black Gnat which were unproductive as well

Sorry for the crappy picture, wifey's camera and I'm not used to the settings.

There was a guy on the other sid of the pond who was struggling a bit with his fly rod, and I went to meet him before leaving. I gave him a couple of hints, which you guys had given me, and he was thrilled and was a little peeved 'cause it was getting dark and he was really enjoying his success. He asked how I learned so much in a few weeks, and I gave this board and the members plenty of credit for their knowledge, patience, and willingness to help and answer noob questions. He asked I pass on his thanks.

The bad side of tonight was when I was walking back to the car, through thich brush over my head, I lost my fly boxes. Well, back to the shop tomorrow.

Jamie
Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tuesday Evening Fishing

Jamie: Very nice trip report and photos! Congrats on the nice looking trout! Sorry to hear you lost your fly boxes, that hurts, but it was good you were able to lend a hand to someone you saw struggling. Good for you!

Larry
Old 08-24-2010, 08:01 PM

jamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
SNIP<<< it was good you were able to lend a hand to someone you saw struggling. Good for you!

Larry
Thanks Larry. I believe in PIF!

Jamie.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road

Sweet trout, Jamie. A good evening indeed.

Michael
Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM
bigredfly is on a distinguished road

Indeed although im not entirely for the old cliche saying "the worst day fishing is better than the best day working", i will have to say as my pops used to say... "its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick eh?" glad you had a decent evening!

-Ben