The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   I missed you guys and gals (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/4189-i-missed-you-guys-gals.html)

tbrillinger223 05-07-2008 08:58 PM

I missed you guys and gals

Hello to all. I have been out of the loop lately due to work. looking forward to meetin new people and joining in on the conversations. I see that there are many new members to the forum. Welcome to all the new members and look forward to your input on the forum.

Davo 05-07-2008 09:03 PM

Re: I missed you guys and gals

Welcome back to the conversation. I was wondering where you went. I'm headed down to the Keys for my spring trip here on the 22nd. Dad has been catching tarpon and calling to tell me about it every day. You'd think he was worried I might not come. LOL.

Missed the early season fishing up here in Jackson Hole due to emergency Gallbladder surgery. Now I'm healed up but the runoff has commenced so my first fishing is going to be down there. Hope work will let you get your days on the water too.

Frank Whiton 05-08-2008 07:28 AM

Hi tbrillinger223,

Welcome back, I have wondered where you were also. NAFFF has been real busy. You also missed out on two fly swaps that you might have enjoyed.

Frank

BigCliff 05-08-2008 08:38 AM

Welcome back dood. Sounds like the economic downturn hasn't affected the S FL yacht biz too much.

tbrillinger223 05-08-2008 08:41 PM

Thanks guys. I have been up to my eyeballs in alligators with work.

Cliff,
with the US dollar in the tank all the european vessels are buying more product here in the states. thus 14-16 hour days. thank goodness that huricane season is around the corner and the boats that are still here will be gone june 1. ( and the long days of sitting and staring at the computer begin)

Frank,
sorry I missed out on the fly swaps, maybe the next ones.

Davo,
sorry to hear about the surgery. well you have lots to look forward to when you come down. We are supposed to go out tomorrow night for the tarpon and snook of biscayne bay. Let me know when you are coming down and I will attach a few feathers and fur to hooks for your trip. just give me an address where you want them to be waiting.

Davo 05-09-2008 02:37 AM

Hey tbrillinger223

Actually the surgery was a good thing. Feeling better now than I have in a couple of years. Put me on a new diet and have lost 10lbs so far. Not exactly the wieght loss program I'd recommend but still... Your offer of flies is awesome, thanks a bunch. I'll PM you my pops address in Key Largo, that'll save on postage. Plus he can get some use out of them when I'm back up here in the mountains. You may see him lurking around the forum sometime, his user name is thombell. He is not much of a contributor but he does search out info.

tbrillinger223 05-09-2008 06:57 AM

Davo,

Consider it done..... I will whip up a dozen or so and you can let me know how they and you did.

Davo 05-09-2008 01:58 PM

Done deal. I'll give you the play by play!!:wink:

tbrillinger223 05-09-2008 09:43 PM

Davo,

Im about 4 deep as of right now, I figure by sunday at least a dozen. ( I hope) Looking forward to you and your pops' input. actually lookin forward to the after party or pics if you will.

Davo 05-09-2008 10:16 PM

I'll definitely share pics and tell the tales. I've been plagued the last couple years with bad weather and the learning curve of going from freshwater to salt. Figure I'm do for some good luck!!! Looking forward to you ties as well.