The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 09:57 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You For A User Friendly Site

I just deleted a site I've been visiting for the past few months due to the members always taking threads off-track due to personal issues and such. The language started getting quite bad, and it just didn't feel right any more. Before some judge too harshly, know that I tried to do my part and was told in no uncertain terms that they didn't care. Too bad. The moderators could have kept the problem in check, but it appears that they must agree with what's going on or they would have stepped in. Too bad again.

So, the purpose of this thread - THANK YOU NAFF for this great site. What a breath of fresh air for those of us who find offensive things, well, offensive. Why do so many think its okay to use foul language, inuendos, or sexual overtones or references? Why can't people learn to choose being kind and civil over trying to be right all the time? And then they have to use foul language and references to try and make a point that, in the end, is meaningless because they fouled it up with so much garbage.

Well, so much for my 'rant', back to your regularly scheduled great forum of colleted fly fishers

Thanks, everyone.

Kelly.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Thank You For A User Friendly Site

Kelly,

I only have participated on one other forum but have looked at a few like you describe. The quality of the discourse and the membership here is what kept me active in this group. We are fortunate to have a group of helpful, knowledgeable members who make this the model for other forum sites. I and all of the members & moderators here do our part in keeping things on an even keel.

You're Welcome,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

This is the first forum that I joined and until recently the only one. I joined a few others and they made me realize the quality of the community that we have here. Everyone on here is top notch.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 PM

hangin chad is on a distinguished road

As a newbie to the board, I'd like to second Kelly's sentiments. This board has the feeling of a solid community, and in that community are people more than willing to share their knowledge with less experienced folks. I greatly appreciate it, as most all of you are more experienced than I am

I am a member of one other forum, the musician's forum over at Peavey.com called the Whammy Bar & Grille. That forum also has a great sense of community and lots of knowledgeable folks who are always willing to answer questions. I'd gladly refer anyone with relevant questions to either of these boards::
Old 08-26-2010, 09:44 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to echo what you all have said. I've been a member for 3+ years, and I only recall one - perhaps two - situations where a new member was really out of line. Thankfully, Frank took care of the matter ASAP, removing the member and all his offensive posts so that they wouldn't fester. Thanks, Frank, and all you other Moderators for the great job you do here. I've paid big buck belonging to Clubs that weren't as "Club-like" as NAFFF.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Why you buncha dirty rotten !*$#>+%!!!
Oh, wait a minute...........wrong forum. Sorry.

Yes we do have a rather polite group of good folks. Thank you all very much for being a positive influence around here.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nice of you to say those things Kelly. Thank You too.

A few days ago I went to a new (to me) fly tying forum. I couldn't back out the door that I came in quick enough.

I sure like the people and the way that they interact here. Loads of help and knowledge at NAFF.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Why you buncha dirty rotten !*$#>+%!!!
go back into your yurt!!!!"=%++>**!!!
Fysh and I can be naughty at times...but not too much...uncle Ard is here to pull our ears
You're right Kelly...thanks for these kind words
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Kelly. This is definitely the glass half full fly fishing forum; in fact it's probably the glass 90% full forum! Great information, good stories, a comfortable, open ambiance and more than a little clever humor.

We also have the "Frank Factor" which no other fly fishing forum has and without it I don't think that we'd be quite the same. Thanks Frank!

Pocono
Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

I have to say that this thought has often crossed my mind. It is amazing how an activity, like fishing, can draw people to each other. Focus on the love of the sport, pasttime, and hobby, and everything else can fall into place. We are all here, or should be, for one purpose.......to talk fly fishing. We might rub shoulders occasionally but ultimately if we can stick together as a "family" then we can grow as a "family." There are those on this board that feel like mentors to me already. Their patience and assistance could never be repaid sufficiently. Thank you all....

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...