The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Can you really tell a big difference between the Orvis Tri-Spectrum and other high-quality fishing sunglasses? The Orvis ones are about twice the price. Are they twice as good?

Yes you can....they are worth every penny. It blew me away the difference and mine you I went from HVO's to these.
Davo, that is what I am talking about. You do pay more attention to them. I did loose a great pair of Gargoyals and Mai, but that was stupidity while waterskiing and the other while swatting a bee in the middle of a lake.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:23 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Yes you can....they are worth every penny. It blew me away the difference and mine you I went from HVO's to these.
Davo, that is what I am talking about. You do pay more attention to them. I did loose a great pair of Gargoyals and Mai, but that was stupidity while waterskiing and the other while swatting a bee in the middle of a lake.
Joni

The only pair I no longer have is a pair of Action Optics that the lens delamenated on. I sent them back and got a replacement pair which I'm still wearing until my new Oakleys show up. Mostly bought the Oakleys for fishing the flats down in the Keys. Got the fishing specific lens in shallow blue. Not sure if they will work as good on the Snake but we will see.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-13-2008, 08:03 PM

Kai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post

Joni, you are a bad person. Just when I thought I didn't want to buy anthing more for fly fishing . . .
Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone tried those Sunglasses with the interchangable lens that you can put the RX inserts into. I was thinking about getting a pair. I wear glasses & have a pair of fitovers but the idea of being able to change lenses for different conditions is tempting
Old 06-10-2008, 03:53 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I just ordered a pair of Oakley Fishing Specific glasses. The lens color is blue, they call them shallow blue. The ones I've used in the past have been bronze or blue. I'll post again when the Oakleys arrive and let you know what I think. The ones I've been using for the last 10 yrs are Action Optics with a bronze lens. Been very happy with them. I order the new pair just to have a different style.
Well I said I'd post again after trying the Oakleys. So here I go. I've used them down in Florida for a week and up on the Green River. They are really good. The fishing specific lenses are called shallow blue but are actually a light bronze in tint. The cut the glare very well and are extremely light. They stay snug on your head with out any pinching. All in all I like them and am very satisfied with the purchase. If you like any of the Oakley styles that come in the fishing specific lense coatings I highly recommend them. By the by I made my purchase by following the link to Oakley here on the Forum.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 AM

Cowboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not think color is as important as having high quality, distortion free, polorized lens. The Air Force issues sunglasses, prescription and non-prescription in grey. Found to give best color sight. I use grey, prescription, polorized sunglasses and can see the fish and do ot suffer any eye strain.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:04 AM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
Has anyone tried those Sunglasses with the interchangable lens that you can put the RX inserts into. I was thinking about getting a pair. I wear glasses & have a pair of fitovers but the idea of being able to change lenses for different conditions is tempting
I've got a pair of Rudy Project Exceptions. They came with prescription fittings for my near sighted eyes. I've got the brown PolarFX for bright sun/skiing/fishing, the racing red PolarFX for overcast and not so bright fishing and the golf and reg. racing reds. I like how clear the vision is on these lenses and the degree of scratch resistance and polarization. I've used Revo, Bolle, Vuarnet, etc. and find this setup the easiest to put on and take off.