The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 03:34 AM

Waltyluft is on a distinguished road
Default Hello to all

Hi folks.
Just joined so I thought I'd say hello.
I live in Whitley Bay in North of England and do most of my fishing in the counties of Northumberland and Durham, with regular cross-border raids to plunder Scottish waters (I wish).
I returned to fly fishing last June after a lay off of 20ish years due to jobs, kids, etc.
So much has changed in those years - I've got a lot to learn and relearn.
I'm a member of a couple of Brit forums and really appreciate all the advice I get from all members.
Looking forward to some good advice/tips from you guys as the American contributors on the Brit forums are very knowledgeable and always readily contribute with very sound advice.
Cheers
Walt
Old 05-18-2008, 03:39 AM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hello to all

Hi
That is a coincidence, 2 new members from the UK registering within 2 minutes of each other!
Cheers
Richard
Old 05-18-2008, 04:32 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Welcome to the Forum.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Walt,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. I think you will find we have a lot of knowledge members willing to share information. I will be looking for your post.

Frank
Old 05-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Waltyluft is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome Guys.

I wish I'd joined this forum earlier.

I came to the States in March for the first time - week near Orlando (kids!!), week in Keys and week on Gulf coast - absolutely loved it.

Funds (& exchange rate) willing I'll be back. So much to see, so little time !!!

Frank, having just viewed your profile I would have loved to look you up en route from Orlando to Keys and had a chinwag. Hopefully next time!

Cheers

Walt
Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Walt, glad to meet you.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM

da Bear is on a distinguished road

Hello from Virginia, USA. Glad to have you here w/ us. I would love to read any thing you have to tell us about you experieces there in that "romantic" part of the fishing world. I relate to your part of the world in a way similar to that of a youth and day dreams. Its almost fantacy like to think of being there in that area and fishing the waters I've dreamed of since I first heard of them. I must admit, I envy you a little. Take care.