The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 12:16 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough
Default Pine and Kettle Creek this week;

I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning with my brother and son for what has become our annual pilgrimage to Pine and Kettle Creek. Weather is looking decent and the water levels look great as well. This year we hope to spend one day somewhere on Slate Run chasing some wild trout (brookies). I'll be checking in on my return and letting you all know how it went. I plan on giving a good workout to the 'new' soft-hackle I'm tying for the 'Spring Fling' swap.

Everyone have a fun week!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:46 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pine and Kettle Creek this week;

FYI - Just returned from fishing Kettle, First Fork and Cross Fork over the last 3 days (skipped Pine in lieu of First Fork). Awesome trip! Wild trout on Cross Fork and predominately Rainbows on the other two. I think I only caught one Brown. There were cold nights and warm days. The fish didn't really start working until the water started warming up after mid morning. Wednesday night there was a great sulphur hatch going off on Kettle a few miles below Cross Fork (the town). As usual, fished mostly wets with Slate Drakes performing the best. There were a lot of different bugs about. March Browns, Yellow Drakes, Slate Drakes, Sulphurs and Caddis plus the spinners but nothing so heavy that the fish keyed on anything except the Sulphurs Wednesday nite. These are some great freestone streams and our two guides were superb. The guides were taking pics so when I get a few I'll post them. If you've never fished Clinton and Potter counties in PA it's a real nice early season trip.