The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Offshore is on a distinguished road
Default Costco Outfitter XT Pontoon

OK you guys in North America don't know you are born... Cabela's, Bass Pro etc etc and then I see North Fork Pontoons... so you live in heaven the availability of pontoon boats here are Costco Outfitter XT or Sea Eagles... Importing my ideal - a Skykomish would just be out of the question... shipping, duty and vat.... unless there is someone in the US forces stationed in the UK who could stick one on a transport

I have an idea I'll buy a Costco version £190 ($380) as a starter and then see if we can get some upgrades fabricated here in the UK like casting platform and bar... I'll be putting a 28lb thrust electric on it but don't imagine it'll move me around much on a river - probably OK in slack water and lakes tho'. The thought of standing in an open canoe fills me with horror!

I'm a pike angler... by lure and jerkbait but reckon I might do fly as well.

I don't know anyone who has bought a Costco one... has anyone here got one and could let me have their thoughts?

Cheers

David
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costco Outfitter XT Pontoon

Kind Of A Cool Boat. Is It The One That Comes With A Transporting Wheel?
On Another Forum I Frequent, Several Have Boat This Boat "this Year" And Are Loving It. Have To Wait On The Long Term Aspect.
They Are Pvc Bladders So "more" Effected By Temp And Altitude.
The Cloth Outer Cover Instead Of One Coated With Pvc, I Don't Imagine It Will Hold Up As Well. Seams Do Rip Out Easier, Specially If Over Inflated. Plus Rocks Are A Little Harder On The Bottom.
If You Take Care Of It, I Am Sure It Will Take Care Of You.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 PM

RobDutk is on a distinguished road

So buying cheap and upgrading may not be a bad idea. . .

Take a look at the north fork outdoors site they have accessories that they say will fit "most pontoons on the market" Specificaly I like their Back Deck and Motor Brace kit, accessories.

Motor Brace Kit [Motor Brace Kit] - $39.99 : North Fork Outdoors, Online Store Front

Rear Deck [Rear Deck] - $149.99 : North Fork Outdoors, Online Store Front

Accessories : North Fork Outdoors, Online Store Front
Old 06-11-2008, 05:45 PM

Offshore is on a distinguished road

OK folks I bought one! An Outfitter XT from Costco... brilliant to put together, so easy and the pontoons are pvc coated fabric underside and fabric topside and yes it is the one with the wheel... I have to say the wheel may be changed for something lighter!

I'll let you know how I get on!