The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 09:13 PM

averagejoefish is on a distinguished road
Default Hi we're new - the Average Joe Fisherman

I would like introduce to you the Average Joe Fishermen. A motley crew made up of three guys who are just plain average when it comes to fishing. Like the rest of the fishing world they read lots of articles in magazines and forums in an effort to apply what they have read to catch more fish. They have had some skill passed down from parents or grandparents but not much. They truly desire to be great fisherman. They think, dream and spend money on fishing. It is not uncommon for them to be seen in their yards trying to develop a new skill. Most people, when walking by, will steer their children in the opposite direction while telling them, “Don’t make eye contact honey!”

We will hopefully learn a lot from all of you here and we will share our attempts to outsmart trout, bass, salmon, panfish and the occasional saltwater variety. Most of the time however we are prtty sure the fish will outsmart us!

Ryan and Scott love to fish for trout in smaller streams. They even have some fly fishing equipment! That is a big step in the right direction after using Barbie poles for most of their adult lives!

Tim is our resident bass fisherman. He recently broke down and bought a used Ranger bass boat. Does it make him a better fisherman? Heck no! But now he looks like he knows what he doing while he is getting skunked!

Thanks for having us. One of us will post a report soon.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hi we're new - the Average Joe Fisherman

You have made a first!

This is the first group registration I know of to; Ryan, Scott, & Tim!

I already read the report and gave you your first post to your thread. You have found us at last. Have you been lurking or did you just find our group?

Anyway, welcome to the group,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-06-2010, 01:42 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Ard and I post on several of the same boards, and he's right. I don't ever recall a 'group post/registration,' but how will we know whose typing??
Old 09-06-2010, 02:36 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Ryan, Scott, and Captain Tim.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan,Scott and TimGreat to have a group of fishing buddiesfunny,I was just thinking to post about what we call team fishing soon....
Old 09-06-2010, 03:07 PM

averagejoefish is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. All posts go through me, Ryan, because the other two Average Joe’s say I am a better writer. I think that is debatable and they just don’t want to do the work. =) Either way, they submit an report to me and I re-work it.

We are new to the whole reporting/blog thing. I am really enjoying it and am glad to be here. Thank you for the welcome.

By the way, I found this forum through Yahoo.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan,Scott and Tim: Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to reading your reports.

Larry
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road

Welcome guys! You've come to the right place - the people here have made my introduction to fly fishing a pleasure.

Cheers!
Michael
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Look forward to reading your posts!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you made it here. This site is going to appreciate you allot more than the other forum I read your name on.
Look forward to more post from you.
Your blog is cool.