The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 08:47 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Joni and the Skykomish Sunrise

Joni (or anyone else with a Scadden Skykomish Sunrise 'toon),

I took the maiden voyage on my Slykomish yesterday. Wow! What a well thought-out and built machine.
The casting deck and leaning bar really made the day and simply put me on to a lot of fish because of the ability to see the holes and ledges in the New River.
My question involve the strapping of the side bags. I can't find a way to hold them down that doesn't interfere with the sliding casting platform setup.
As you might guess the Northfork Outdoors (Scadden) site and assembly manual just isn't working for me.
A little help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Joni and the Skykomish Sunrise

Bumping this one up in hopes Joni figured this boat out!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Jackster,

You might want to send Joni a PM if she doesn't see this post. We are getting so many post these days it is hard to keep up with every post.

Frank
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Jackster,

If you go to this Cabela's site you can zoom-in on the picture of your boat. You can move the photo around with the zoom-in and see how they fasten their bags. The out side is easy but you have to go sideways a bit to fasten the inside. The way it is fasten it doesn't look like it interferes with the standing platform.

Frank
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Jack, did you check out the pics at
Old 06-17-2008, 08:54 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Let's try that again
skykomishassembly
Pics 21,22, 27 and the last one.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:35 AM

Frank, thanks! Those pics explained it all. I wasn't wrapping the straps around the outside of the frame so the bags kept sliding inboard and interfering with the platform.

Mojo, those pictures are what threw me off somehow. Funny that the vendor has better pictures than the manufacturer!

Whew! Now I can move on to the next big issue!