The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 10:12 PM

gordon in nc has a spectacular aura aboutgordon in nc has a spectacular aura aboutgordon in nc has a spectacular aura about
Default Fly fishing thoughts on a Saturday night ....

How do to all,

Here it is Saturday night.

How many of you do as I do ?

Out in the man cave or room ... stereo set on NPR (National Public Radio) set for your local station of NPR and have JAZZ on .... add an adult drink of Scotch or Bourbon ( preferably JAMESON) on the rocks ... and thoughts of Fly Fishing dancing in your head ?

That's what I'm doing ....

Hope your night is going as well as mine .....

Gordon in NC
Old 09-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fly fishing thoughts on a Saturday night ....

Gordon,

Good to know that there is a fellow NPR person here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I went for an evening bike ride, and I am unwinding now. My Saturday night ritual is planning out my Sunday fishing trip. It's date day for me and my girlfriend. She fishes, too. We are going to our favorite wild trout river, the Lower Yuba. There's a chance of hooking up some fall steelhead. So I'm organizing my gear.

As for background noise, I have Windows Media Player playing songs randomly. Not too long ago, it went from Stevie Ray Vaughan to Sir Mix-a-Lot to Neil Diamond.

MP
Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Like Gordon and Ard said . . . at least, as soon as I finish the dusting . . .

NPR Saturday night jazz is the best
Old 09-12-2010, 06:37 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

No... No... Save me.. Turn the dial up 1/2 turn and get the classic rock station with a little CCR, Who and Jimmy... At least turn it 1/2 turn down and get some old Blues....

Where are the Republicans out there? Any Libertarians?

Makers Mark over ice tall glass and a couple of hours to sip it. In the fall heated Ouzo or Samboca. Or some spanish brandi..

PS.. It is morning and I am loaded up. Waiting on my wife to finish getting ready.. Headed to our parks to try some Czech nymphing in a 10' run. And to try my new pair of Maui Jim's HT518's. (I also haven't had received the bill yet either)
Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 AM

ghostdncr has a spectacular aura aboutghostdncr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
NPR Saturday night jazz is the best

Excerpt from a blog post I found this morning that sorta ties in to this thread and offers (for me, at least) an unexpected parallel regarding fly vs. bait fishing:

Why jazz is more interesting than bowling

Bowling is all about one number: the final score. And great bowlers come whisker-close to hitting the perfect score regularly. Not enough dimensions for me to be fascinated by, and few people pay money to attend bowling matches.

Jazz is practiced over a thousand or perhaps a million dimensions. It's non-linear and non-predictable, and most of all, it's never perfect.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

I, too, was listening to NPR (of course I call it NLR-- Nat'l liberal radio... ha ha)
last night. But my affiliate has 'the fish fry' on Sat. nights.... not jazz....???

The fish fry is a great show though-- blues, r&b, jumpin' jazz, and zydeco.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hooked on the TMC movies

Last night was High Sierra with Humphrey Bogart followed by Captain Horatio Hornblower with Gregory Peck.
Tonight there's a Bob Hope movie on.... love those
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 AM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

For me it's Neil Young (preferably harvest moon) and bourbon (pappy van winkle - the older the better).
Old 09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

My Saturday night consisted of going to a B-Day party for a work associate of my wife's. Don't you just love those gatherings where you know literally no one there?

I would much rather have been home sipping a nice single malt and listening to something, anything other than the LOUD, LOUD, EXTREMELY LOUD techno mix they had playing.

Maybe I'm just getting too old and cranky.....

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*