The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Spoiled by drys

Anyone else getting spoiled by dry fly fishing? I just love to see the fish take my offering off the top.
Nymphing, even sight nymphing, just isn't the same since the fish have been looking up. I know that 90 percent of the fishes diet is subsurface and if you want to catch fish that's the way to go, but there is so much more excitement in seeing that splash.
For me it's as much about being on the river enjoying the whole experience as it is catching fish.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spoiled by drys

You got that right! Not sure I would have bothered switching to trout fishing just to fish nymphs. Surface hits on dries are what keeps bringing me back.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

I'm spoiled too on drys. Even with no hatch on, I'll still try to bring them up with a dry. I'm stubborn that way but normally can agitate them enough to come up and take one, (normally but not always). It is exciting waiting and watching for that splash and feel the tug and 'fish on!' Nothing like it!!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)