The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Cortland Customer Service. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/52478-cortland-customer-service.html)

jpbfly 09-24-2010 04:37 AM

Cortland Customer Service.

You know I've got a Cortland Brook Series 10'4wt rod,I've posted a review and recommended it several times on the forum for it's a great deal and a really pleasant rod to use.Unfortunately I fell down a few weeks ago and broke the butt section.I contacted Tom Brown from the customer service who did a great job,they sent me a new section and only charged me with the shipping back.So thanks a lot and.... hats off!:thumbsup::)
thanks also to our member Burk who's a Cortland rep for his help:thumbsup:

peregrines 09-24-2010 08:28 AM

Re: Cortland Customer Service.

Jean-Paul,

That's great to hear and good to know.

And thanks for posting this -- companies that stand behind their products-- and excel at providing service to their customers deserve recognition.

Hat's off to Cortland, Tom Brown and Burk!

Jimmie 09-24-2010 11:16 AM

I echo what peregrines said. That's the kind of company that will get my business.

Frank Whiton 09-24-2010 12:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to hear that Cortland is taking care of their rod customers.

I bought a Cortland PE+ Crystal line and it had several problems with the finish on the line. I sent an Email to Cortland and described the problems but I never received a reply. It could be the Email went to the wrong place but Burke told how to send an Email to Cortland. Not the type of support I expected on one of there premium lines. I think they are a good company and made a mistake in my case.

Frank

racine 09-24-2010 05:07 PM

Frank, Let us know how that PE+ Crystal line works out for you would ya?

I bought a Cortland 4/5 HS2000 something rod almost 20 years ago that lost it's grip. I asked Cortland if they could repair it( sentimental reasons mostly) and they sent me a new and better trout rod instead. How do you beat that?

Hardyreels 09-24-2010 07:57 PM

JP,

You fell down! :doh: This is the first I've heard of this. I hope you are alright and was wondering were you wearing felt or rubber soles when this happened? :D:D

Naughty to the Bone, [poke]

Ard

fredaevans 09-25-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmie (Post 142105)
I echo what peregrines said. That's the kind of company that will get my business.

Very few 'contacts' over the years, but each and every have been a treat. Need spare parts for a Hardy reel? In the mail the same day..... at no charge I might add.

Fred

wee hooker 09-25-2010 08:03 AM

I have a Cortland Cl that is a favorite. Snapped it one day and cortland cheerfully replaced teh section even though the rod was pre-lifetime warranty! Now that's service..

FWIW, Despite having rods of much greater cost, I'm a big fan of the CL, BigSky and Brook series. Just a great all round company IMHO

jpbfly 09-25-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 142316)
JP,

You fell down! :doh: This is the first I've heard of this. I hope you are alright and was wondering were you wearing felt or rubber soles when this happened? :D:D

Naughty to the Bone, [poke]

Ard

Dear Ard...I was wearing felt soles:secret:but they were of no use in that case:Dwe were walking back to the car among big rocks...I was in the lead:pand as my friend JM has a problem with a hip,I looked back to check if he could follow me...so didn't see where I was putting my feet and came a memorable cropper:o:DI've noticed that I fall less often than when I was young...I'm not a daredevil anymore;)

bkstuder 03-25-2014 04:01 PM

I am seriously thinking of purchasing a Cortland retro reel for a new 6wt fiberglass rod I am building (Swift Epic 686). I have narrowed down my choices to Redington drift and the Cortland Retro. There is allot more information concerning the Redington. I like the lifetime warranty. Redington seems to be trying to make a push into the fly fishing industry as a legitimate competitor - which means we get to enjoy quality products from a company who cares without paying extra for the name. Just my observation. I could be wrong. Cortland has a nice looking reel (Retro) but I can't find much information on it. I am not finding where Cortland even has their reels on their website. Am I missing something? I think my decision will come down to Warranty and customer service. Anyone know more than me about these two companies and their reels?