The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Team Fishing

Dennis,you know I'm a bit old school so my movies are silentStill looking forward to see your girlfriend and you fishingMore seriously I quite understand your point of view and you're right for trout...but chub have a different behaviour ...they seldom stay for long at the same place unless there's a good hatch which is getting rare .
Allan ...you know this place...and I have to make you catch big guys next time you come
Fishfish....sometimes you catch many fish sometimes ...they're not willing to bite...if we could catch as many fish as we want we would soon be fed up,wouldn't we?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
...if we could catch as many fish as we want we would soon be fed up,wouldn't we?

Ummmmm...........is this a trick question? I'll take a few more fish each time out, thank you very much, and I won't complain a bit! It's just a matter of adjusting your "wants".

Pocono
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JP: Very nice video and photos! Looks like you guys were having a great time!

Larry
Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Ummmmm...........is this a trick question? I'll take a few more fish each time out, thank you very much, and I won't complain a bit! It's just a matter of adjusting your "wants".

Pocono
no trick question here Allan...
you're right Larry I had a great time not only because we caught fish but because I could spend a few hours with a great buddy
Old 09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Very nice JP, I was never one to complain about a big chub.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Very nice JP, I was never one to complain about a big chub.
I never complain either Ard ,leuciscus cephalus or squalis cephalus now is a very interesting fish to catch...he's very spooky and his sight is better than a trout's...but his mouth is bigger so it's easier to see it opening and closing when he takes the nymphin places where both species live they're the sentries of the the river...my friend Batistou sometimes wonder if they have eyes on their backs
Old 09-29-2010, 07:48 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about

JB, That Madjoni, looks a lot like the grass carp i have been trying to catch locally. (Are they related?) Got a photo of the fly were you using?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charged View Post
JB, That Madjoni, looks a lot like the grass carp i have been trying to catch locally. (Are they related?) Got a photo of the fly were you using?
Not quite sure I quite understand your question...Madjoni is a forum member
The fish on the pics and videos are chub...they look a bit like carp but are less massive with a big head and a big mouth(cephalus)their behaviours are very different.
On that day we were using a black"chub special" nymph and a very simple black foam dry created by my friend Batistou.
You can see some of the flies I often use here:Flies from Across the Pond
Old 09-30-2010, 08:35 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about

Whups, sorry.
I read post #6 wrong, I mistakenly thought you were calling the fish a Madjoni.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:19 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Well, Charged, if you got Madjoni to take one of your flies and he made a run for it, you'd better be using at least a 15 wt with a Mako reel, or you're gonna get spooled for sure!

Cheers,
Jim