The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Team Fishing

I’m lucky to have great fishing buddies and I always prefer going with a friend than fishing alone.Last week Batistou and I went on a section of the Lergue and as usual we practised what we call team fishing....It means we take two rods one with a dry one with a nymph...as we wade we can take the rod we want or we think is the most suitable in turn,sometimes the one who “feels the coup” better makes it.The one who doesn’t fish tries to locate fish or rises and gives infos( cast 3ft from the bank above the first willow branch….batistou calls it “satellite guiding”)…sometimes shouts” strike” as we fish nymph on sight when the one who’s in action can’t see very well because of reflections in the water….or is dreaming which sometimes happens.Batistou who’s a very quiet guy can get very angry at times when he gets stuck in a branch or misses a big guy…he bit the handle of his rod last week…I’m here to calm the game down….and he’s here to spur me on when I’m a bit lazy…That’s really great fun!
Video 1 Batistou landing a big chub...you may notice he's rather tall(6,5')
Video 2....releasing the same guy
Pic 1 JP landing another big guy
Click the image to open in full size.
Pic2 and showing it to you but lost my head
Old 09-26-2010, 04:34 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: Team Fishing

Nice videos and photos mate
I love team fishing
Interesting that you have chub in clear and fast river
Old 09-26-2010, 10:58 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Great pics!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:06 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

That's a chub? WOW. I wish they grew that large here. Great pics
Old 09-26-2010, 12:45 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Cool JB team fishing is a blast. On our trip to RMNP we utilized the technique. Works great when you can spot from a cliff.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
That's a chub? WOW. I wish they grew that large here. Great pics
It's not rare to catch fish over 20' there are some over 25'.

Cool pic Yat...how can you land fish from up there?

Madjoni...as there are less and less trout .... they make room for chub and dace
Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Madjoni...as there are less and less trout .... they make room for chub and dace
Uuufff
I get it,classic europian thing...owerfished or owerpoluted water ...but still that river looks like great trout water,no place for chub there
Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JP,
I wonder what all that ruckus was when I previewed the videos. Team tactics are very helpful. Sometimes they aren't. The last time my girlfriend and I used them was not very successful. Two weeks ago, we were fishing for some wild Rainbow Trout, and we found a lot of them scattered around. We threw the usual flies and some new ones at them. I even seined the river! They would not take. It took us awhile to figure out what was going on. They were just sitting still until the caddis emergence happened. After that, it was game on! We stopped spotting fish and just threw some soft hackles into the feeding lanes.

MP

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 09-28-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fishing and nice fish, J-P! I remember the Lergue well!

Pocono
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned

fishfish2010 is on a distinguished road

Wow, so many nice fish!