The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 PM

Falk65 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Falk65
Default Fishing Trip Iceland

Well now i have finished my trip to River East Ranga in Iceland and my brand new Loomis Stinger GLX 14' # 9/10 have experience now.At first i put a RIO outbound #10 line on it and it works terrible because the taper weight was to light or 425 Grains and i took it to local water to test cast but for this trip i bought a new line.

That line is RIO spey AFS Outbound with taper weight 640 Grains and the rod works perfect with it on the reel.

But on this trip i caught 6 Salmons from 5 to 12 pound and it was a fantastic day for me but lot of salmons hook them off so i got a real fight for about 16 salmons that day

i bought this trip from a website English < Vefsvæði lax-a.is

I show you 1 picture from that trip.Me with my 12 pounder

Well hope you enjoy those pics

Attachment 952
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Falk65 1.jpg (60.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing Trip Iceland

Wow! Looks like you and a successful fishing trip for sure! Congrats!

I spent a week there while in the AF but didn't get to do any fishing, but I've heard that the salmon fishing is really good.

Larry