The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 11:38 AM

98tjay is on a distinguished road
Default Allegheny State Park NY

Hey All - I will be heading to Allegheny State Park in a few weeks. I am wondering if anyone can reccomend a few good tribs - around Quaker Lake? Also - any idea what flies the trout will be biting on? Should I fish the lake itself or stick to the tribs? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allegheny State Park NY

98tjay-

Hey TJ welcome to the forum. I've never fished ASP but here's a link to the DEC website with links and maps of trout streams in the park:
Trout Fishing in Allegany State Park - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Just as a reminder, the license year for New York state freshwater fishing licenses ends Sept 30 2010, so you'll need a new one for fishing after October 1, 2010 .You can buy it online by following the link at the bottom of this webpage:
Internet Fishing, Hunting and Trapping License Sales - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM

98tjay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allegheny State Park NY

Thanks for all of the information. I already have my license - I just bought my super spoprtsman for deer season. I have printed out the DEC fishing information and it should be pretty helpful.

Does anyone else have any information? Thanks.