The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 PM

wadec is on a distinguished road
Default can anyone help me identify this rod?

Hello,

I think I got lucky and picked this rod, reel, and case from my local goodwill for $25. There's only one marking on the rod, a logo. Does anyone recognize this?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: can anyone help me identify this rod?

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will take time to look around at all the information that is available here and decide to become an active member of the group.

Looks like a home roll but someone here will recognize the blank shaft. The reel is worth what you paid for the outfit. You should edit and put another picture showing more of the butt section of the blank, that way the members will get a good look at the material and finish.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

not easy....Fisher and Browning made brown rods for a while...if there's nothing on the rod it must be a custom one

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

and
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 PM

wadec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Welcome to the forum, I hope you will take time to look around at all the information that is available here and decide to become an active member of the group.

Looks like a home roll but someone here will recognize the blank shaft. The reel is worth what you paid for the outfit. You should edit and put another picture showing more of the butt section of the blank, that way the members will get a good look at the material and finish.

Ard
Thanks...I'll take some more pictures Monday (left the rod at work) and post them.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can see of the blank it looks like an older Sage RPL.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh' View Post
From what I can see of the blank it looks like an older Sage RPL.
Maybe right Fysh...I had forgotten this one
Old 10-02-2010, 05:57 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about a 'RPL,' but I would bet on a Sage blank of some sort.
fae