The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 PM

gvillevol is on a distinguished road
Default Yellowstone Guides??

I am heading to Yellowstone in September. My brother and I have gotten in touch with some good guides. I am thinking we will do a walk and wade because we are taking my dad.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for guides out of the West Yellowstone area. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yellowstone Guides??

Gville-

I'd go thru Craig Matthews place. Great folks.

Blue Ribbon Flies \\ Yellowstone Trips

peregrines
Old 08-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

You might also want to contact George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler in Livingston, MT. We worked with George and used the guides that he recommended for a week-long trip last October. We had a very good experience; the shop was a great source of info and materials, the guides were great and the variety of fishing venues was outstanding; lots of fish!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:17 PM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough

matthew long, orvis endorsed guide gets my vote based in livingston and guides in the park
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the response everyone. I will check em out. If I get one of them booked I will let you know how the day goes.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:37 PM

Thanks again everyone. My brother actually called me last night and let me know he booked a guide before I got a chance to make any calls to your and my local shops selections.

He got us booked out of West Yellowstone Fly Shop with a guide named Travis. He was born and raised in West Yellowstone (a true local) and is a young guy from the looks of it. He is part owner with another guy and spends the off season guiding in Argentina. I will let you know how things go when I get back.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

Enjoy your trip! It is an awesome place

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.