The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Fishing In Your Dreams

Last night I had a dream that I was Czech Nymphing with my son on the Upper Sacramento River and both of us kept getting triple hookups of fish between 14"-24" and in between we were getting singles, but they were 15-20 pounders. In both instances they were always a mix of Rainbows and Browns.

So any one else have fishing dreams you can share!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 10-04-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:09 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing In Your Dreams

When I was in Jr & Sr high school I use to day dream during class that I was fishing.
In my mind I would practice casting so much that it actually worked and that's pretty much how I learned.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road

My dreams over the past few months (I only began fly fishing about 9 weeks ago, yet I've become overwhelmingly obsessed), have focused not on the act of fishing, but on preparing to fish - reading, evaluating, learning, choosing the next destination, packing for each trip, emptying my wallet, etc...

Great question.

Michael
Old 10-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
When I was in Jr & Sr high school I use to day dream during class that I was fishing.
In my mind I would practice casting so much that it actually worked and that's pretty much how I learned.
In Sports Psychology they call that Visualization...and it does work quite well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmxf View Post
emptying my wallet, etc...
Michael
I know that one too!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:01 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fishing In Your Dreams

Been there, done that. Sign (a good one) of a very active mind.

fae
Old 10-04-2010, 03:47 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

I've had only one, and I remember it because it was a fishing nightmare really, and pretty bizarre. I had cast out to a huge bonefish which ate the fly. I set the hook anticipating a screaming run, and he just sat there. I put some tension on him, and he just swam toward me.

When he got right in front of me, I tried to kick at him to get him to take off, but he just liesurely avoided my foot and stared straight up at me. And I knew exactly what he was thinking somehow while he stared up at me. "I'm too old for this nonsense, so just take the hook out and let me go".

Then I woke up, of course.

Bones are pretty savy fish and actually have different personalities and show anger quite often. I've had more than one turn on my fly, then follow the leader to the line and the line to me, get up close to me, give me a superior look and swim nonchallantly away without spooking at all or even giving the tail whack alarm signal.

But to get that smart would indeed be a real nightmare.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

I've been dreaming of Kamchatka since Friday night. That's when I purchased "Eastern Rises."
Old 10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I usually dream about my next fishing trip, when are we going, what to bring, etc.

Larry
Old 10-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't dreamed/dreamt?? about fishing since last October when we chased Steelhead for the first time. When we got home I was 'swingin' flies' every night for a good 3 weeks.
I'm sure it will happen again when we get back this year too.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/