The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 AM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough
Default What's happening in the Dream Stream right now?

I'm thinking of heading to the Dream Stream (Eleven Mile to Spinney) in Colorado. Anybody know what's happening there lately?
Should be Kokanee and Brown trout coming up from Eleven Mile I am guessing.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's happening in the Dream Stream right now?

What's it doing right now? It's dark. lol
I'm heading up there in about 5 mins. Stay tuned.
Last time up was Sept 27. Kokes are in but hard to catch. Browns are not in abundance yet. A friend was there yesterday and caught lots of 15-25" cutts.
The weather is supposed to start getting more seasonably cool in the next week so the browns should start to feel the water temp dropping and get on the move.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:23 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

I'm back. I didn't catch any Koke though they are there. I didn't see anyone catch a large brown and neither did I. I managed 4 cuttbows from 15-20" and one 24" cutthroat. All were caught on white wooley bugger and a rubber leg yellow and brown bugger.I'll upload a couple pics later, haven't even looked at the camera yet.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
I'm back. I didn't catch any Koke though they are there. I didn't see anyone catch a large brown and neither did I. I managed 4 cuttbows from 15-20" and one 24" cutthroat. All were caught on white wooley bugger and a rubber leg yellow and brown bugger.I'll upload a couple pics later, haven't even looked at the camera yet.

A 24" Cutt... Killer I bet that was fun
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 AM

out2trout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Yatahey, I anxiously await your pictures. I've been out there but never caught anything. I guess I'm fishing on the wrong spot! (I also notice I get a lot of those weeds drifting down and catching on my line).
Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 AM

Here's the pics
Click the image to open in full size.
It was a great trip to field test my new Allen Trout 5/6 reel. It passed with flying colors.

As far as the floating grass, yes there is a lot this year and it is a pain in the butt. Just before I left they boosted the flow about 50cfs and that made the grass rafts ever worse.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yat: Great trip report and photos, congrats! Gorgeous looking fish and that new Allen reel looks pretty nice also!

Larry
Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 AM

out2trout is on a distinguished road

Yatahey, you are a dang fine fisherman! Those fish are gorgeous!