What's happening in the Dream Stream right now?

FlyFlinger2421

Reaction score
I'm thinking of heading to the Dream Stream (Eleven Mile to Spinney) in Colorado. Anybody know what's happening there lately?
Should be Kokanee and Brown trout coming up from Eleven Mile I am guessing.

yatahey

Reaction score
What's it doing right now? It's dark. lol
I'm heading up there in about 5 mins. Stay tuned.
Last time up was Sept 27. Kokes are in but hard to catch. Browns are not in abundance yet. A friend was there yesterday and caught lots of 15-25" cutts.
The weather is supposed to start getting more seasonably cool in the next week so the browns should start to feel the water temp dropping and get on the move.

yatahey

Reaction score
I'm back. I didn't catch any Koke though they are there. I didn't see anyone catch a large brown and neither did I. I managed 4 cuttbows from 15-20" and one 24" cutthroat. All were caught on white wooley bugger and a rubber leg yellow and brown bugger.I'll upload a couple pics later, haven't even looked at the camera yet.

crittergetter

Reaction score
I'm back. I didn't catch any Koke though they are there. I didn't see anyone catch a large brown and neither did I. I managed 4 cuttbows from 15-20" and one 24" cutthroat. All were caught on white wooley bugger and a rubber leg yellow and brown bugger.I'll upload a couple pics later, haven't even looked at the camera yet.

A 24" Cutt... Killer I bet that was fun:thumbup:

out2trout

Reaction score
Yatahey, I anxiously await your pictures. I've been out there but never caught anything. I guess I'm fishing on the wrong spot! (I also notice I get a lot of those weeds drifting down and catching on my line).

yatahey

Reaction score
Here's the pics

It was a great trip to field test my new Allen Trout 5/6 reel. It passed with flying colors.

As far as the floating grass, yes there is a lot this year and it is a pain in the butt. Just before I left they boosted the flow about 50cfs and that made the grass rafts ever worse.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Yat: Great trip report and photos, congrats! Gorgeous looking fish and that new Allen reel looks pretty nice also!

Larry