The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 PM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough
Default Sage TCX

Hi All,
Has anyone on here tried the new Sage TCX?
They will be sold in the UK shortly.
Does it compare to the XP in action?
I believe the z-axis was supposed to be the replacement for the XP, which in my opinion was irreplaceable! As they say 'if it ain't broke don't try and fix it'
If the TCX comes close to an XP i might be interested one day, but not at the current price, just have to keep an eye open on e-bay.
Cheers
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default New Sage TCX Rods

Hi to all,

Take a look at the new Sage TCX rods. Look at that color. I wonder if this is the true color or is it the photo. Light and fast, just like I like them. If anyone gets a chance to see one please give us a report.

Frank

Sage TCX Rod
Click the image to open in full size.

This is the write up at Feather-Craft:

INTRODUCING: 4-PIECE GENERATION-5 "TCX" ROD SERIES -- ULTRA-FAST ACTION. Sage once again has driven fly rod performance to new heights. The all new "TCX" Series redefines the extreme distance category. Sage rod designer Jerry Siem has created a radical new series of tapers and a fly rod that's lighter, stronger and more powerful than its predecessor, the TCR. Most importantly, the enhanced line feel and feedback mean intuitively better timing and an extraordinary level of casting ease for ultra-high performance fly rods. EVERYONE CAN CAST THESE RODS. And they don't just feel great at long distances; they load and throw beautifully in close as well, making them the ultimate all around rod for those who like it "ultra fast". The 5-weight is phenomenal as an all-around trout rod, and the 8-weight will be turning heads from steelhead rivers to salt flats. Whether you're reaching for previously impossible lies, bombing it into a stiff Nor' Easter or showing off in the parking lot, TCX is the ultimate tool for success when facing the most challenging situations. Think of these as the "SUPERCHARGED" XP Series.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 AM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Sage TCX Rods

Hi Frank
I have already made a similar request http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-tcx-6683.html
Cheers
Richard
Old 09-11-2008, 11:41 AM

mtnman2888 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Sage TCX Rods

Agreed, very interesting choice of color. At least it's something different.......

www.backpackingangler.com
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Sage TCX

Hi Richard,

I didn't see your post so I have merged the two threads.

I don't think it will come close to the XP. It is a replacement for the TCR and I bet it is extra fast. I don't think the TCR sold well and this might be a littler slower than the TCR. At least it may have more feel than the TCR and that is a good thing.

Frank
Old 10-14-2008, 03:53 PM
ReelFlyRod is on a distinguished road

I have cast the new TCX rods. They are nothing short of amazing. We just started getting them in stock. Every bit as fast as the TCR, but lighter in the hand and very responsive fishing in close (The TCR wasn't)
Old 10-14-2008, 04:12 PM

shorthaul will become famous soon enough

I tried an 8 wt tcx last friday---unbelievable!---now im looking to scrape up 408 for a 10 wt blank--i thought my z-axis was good---the tcx seems to have a leg up on it---anyone know about lifting power?---its real light like the helios which there are rumors about saltwater applications.