The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 02:02 PM

Rifleman1776 is on a distinguished road
Default Hendrix Outdoors

What about Hendrix Outdoors equipment? He has nice looking stuff at very reasonable prices. I'm considering. Any experience?
Old 10-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hendrix Outdoors

Until you mentioned it I'd never heard of them before. I can't seem to find much on the internet about them on their website except for a link to a rod/bow carrier for a pickup bed or ATV.

There are some inexpensive fly outfits for $99 that are branded "Hendrix Outdoors" sold by other websites so I'd guess they're importers-- rather than manufacturers...

What are you thinking of buying? If no one chimes in with experience with Hendrix Outdoors products, I'm sure folks could recommend alternatives in a comparable price range.

By the way, glad to see you haven't given up on fly fishing!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:35 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
By the way, glad to see you haven't given up on fly fishing!
Indeed! I was afraid youd left us!
I cant comment on the Hendrix outdoors products but if youre wanting to spend about $100 for an outfit you might take a look at Albright rods. There are several forum members who have raved about their products. They have some Topwater outfits for $100 plus their website claims that everything is 80% off.
Albright Fly Fish - Fly Fishing Gear, Fly Fishing Tackle | AlbrightFlyFish.com
Hope this helps
Theres my half-nickel.........
williamhj likes this.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Thanks, the $99.00 outfit is what I'm considering. Saw them at the big convocation here in Mountain Home, Arkansas recently. Yep, still considering.
I'll check the others.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Well, I popped for a $299.00 outfit at Albrights on sale for $99.99. Guess I'm in.
Had shoulder surgery, can't 'talk' much now. Will report later.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new outfit.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Hendrix reel from the 1890's... When I had it appraised the guy told me 10 bucks max

maybe not the same
Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman1776 View Post
Well, I popped for a $299.00 outfit at Albrights on sale for $99.99. Guess I'm in.
Had shoulder surgery, can't 'talk' much now. Will report later.
Wow, that was quick! Happy that you found something useful. Keep us posted.......

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 10-10-2010, 10:29 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hendrix Outdoors is a family owned operation based out of Fallon, Nevada. It is an outdoors sporting goods supplier to retailer. Over the past few years, it started its own brand labeling in the fly fishing industry. It has its own line of fly rods, reels, accessories, waders, and fly tying materials.

Like many other smaller operations, most of its products are made overseas. The rods, reels, and waders are made in China. It helps keep costs down to minimum, so Hendrix can pass the savings to the retailers then ultimately to the consumers. Hendrix does not sell directly to consumers through internet. It uses a retail network.

Since you are already considering an Albright setup, I won't discuss about its rods and reels.

MP
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattech89 View Post
Wow, that was quick! Happy that you found something useful. Keep us posted.......
Was last day for sale, had to act quick. Might be a good thing.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman1776 View Post
Was last day for sale, had to act quick. Might be a good thing.
You'll find that the "sales" at Albright are just a gimmick. Whatever new rods or reels they come up with, they'll print out it's MSRP and what they're selling it for. Since you can only by Albright rods and reels from Albright, they'll tell you you're getting a $495.00 MSRP rod for $199 (made in C???a of course). Better get them while the getting's good. Read the fine print on the warranty too. All closeout sales are final.
Now if you go to the regular fly rods for sale, you'll find the MSRP's at $429 on sale for $189. All are that way.
Good luck with your new rod.