The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:13 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default New to forum, old to FF...

Pls. let me intro myself:

FF for over 33 years and lots of stories and patterns I have tied here:

PlanetTrout

enjoy!!!

PT/TB
Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: New to forum, old to FF...

PT
Welcome aboard. Always nice to have some new perspective on the board. Checked out your site. Nice!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Thanks...

Now if I can figure out how to get up an avatar....
Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Go to the top of the page, look for User CP on that dark green band under the links that show what page you're on. Click User CP and you're on your way.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM

Re: New to forum, old to FF...

Thanks again,

I'm going to have to wait to get on my son's computer where all my photo files are kept. When I do that, I will be posting a bunch of midge and streamer patterns I have tied as well as adding some additional stories on my early years of FF in th Owens Valley here in CA and in yer' neck of the woods around Aspen and Basalt!

Best,

PT/TB
Old 09-17-2008, 04:25 PM

33 years ago there was a lot of controversy in the Owens Valley over water rights, Mono Lake etc.
Maybe you could tell us all a bit about the fall out and how things transpire with that.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM

There have been battles over the water in the Owens Valley for well over a hundred years. This site documents current problems with ALL of the water here in CA and has information of historical and currrent interest - a lot more than I could possibly supply....

http://aquafornia.com/

Best,

PT/TB
Old 09-20-2008, 08:08 PM
jose will become famous soon enoughjose will become famous soon enough

Great looking flies on that site and it seems some terrific adventures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Thanks Jose,

I am adding some streamer patterns and some midge patterns for winter fishing later this week. As one can see from the stories, I am somewhere, still back in the 70's. I figure it is going to take me about 3 more years of writing to bring me up to the turn of the century....

Whew....

PT/TB
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
jose will become famous soon enoughjose will become famous soon enough

Very cool that you are working on that project and will always have that to share with others. I think it's a beautiful thing to be able to connect so many important pieces of your life together as it relates to fly fishing, family and friends. You are a lucky man. Enjoy the project, and I wish you and the family many more good times to come.