The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough
Default WY/CO Trip

Click the image to open in full size.

Headed out to WY for an antelope hunt and then down to CO for a little camping in the High country. While there I found a great Mountain lake that held bunches of eager brookies. They `were selecive at times bu when they got that way I was always able to catch them on Frazens Oink Weenie. Kept a couple each evening for dinner. Nothing like fresh brook trout over an open fire.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Click the image to open in full size.

Pic of the lake.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:03 PM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice
Default Re: WY/CO Trip

Pretty spot and what looks like some good eating. Nice to see a place that still has enough fish, and such little pressure, that you can keep a couple to eat.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Those look like cutthroats to me.???
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Not sure what species those are but they are way to light to be Brookies. Nice fish all the same and beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing the pics

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Cool Hand Hodge has a spectacular aura aboutCool Hand Hodge has a spectacular aura aboutCool Hand Hodge has a spectacular aura about

I will cast my vote with the "not a brookie" club. Not like any of the natural brookies in Mi or Wi. anyways
Old 10-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

Those fish had been dead and out of the water for awhile. Not sure the pic really represents the ture color they had coming out of the lake. Either way they were fun to catch and made nice table fare compared to Ramien.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Very nice pics. Those guys look like they were working on their tans.... all they needed was a drink with an umbrella in it.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 10-14-2010, 09:33 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

No disrespect meant by my response. They look tasty. The spots and no white edge on the fins is a dead give away. They are cutthroats. No Problem.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:26 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Fresh trout - yum!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:51 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

I can't tell much from those pictures, but that second one up from the bottm looks like a cut-bow to me. Regardless, they were all well fed, and they most certainly were tasty.

Cheers,
Jim