The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 10:50 AM

wtex50 will become famous soon enoughwtex50 will become famous soon enough
Default Multiple Sales Posts

Is it just me or are others tired of the multiple sales threads that keep showing up on this site. Today it was Nike shoes...and I believe there were 8 of them. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 AM

plland is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiple Sales Posts

It's called spam. The moderators ususally do their best to delete them as soon as they appear, but obviously there is going to be some delay time before the mods see them. To help out, you could click that little red triangle in the upper right corner of a post you think needs to be deleted, which alerts the mods about that post.
2. What I use when a black #10 woolly bugger isn't catching.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

We ban and delete the post as soon as we see them. I usually check first thing in the morning but did not today. I just got out of the hospital yesterday and haven't felt like being on line.

You don't have to do anything about the Spam post, they will be deleted as soon as they are seen.

Frank
Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
. . . I just got out of the hospital yesterday and haven't felt like being on line.
Frank, hope you're okay, and I know the rest of us hope that as well.

Get well,
Neil
Old 10-15-2008, 02:01 PM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

These people who sells those stupid stuffs are morons. Even if they do want to sell, it should go under the "Classified Ads"

It only shows how retarded they are... this is a Fly Fishing column or website and they sell unrelated items and in the wrong place. Use Craigs List or ebay for crying out out.

DUH to them big time!!!

Hate those spammers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtex50 View Post
Is it just me or are others tired of the multiple sales threads that keep showing up on this site. Today it was Nike shoes...and I believe there were 8 of them. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

i wouldn't necessarily call it retarded. it's done automatically, no? complete bombardment by automated software. maybe the use of fields with generated images (characters and numbers) to be filled in by a poster can be utilized. it's a pain but may cut down on the workload of the mods.

on the otherhand, i rarely see as much as i saw today, and only noticed a few in weeks past, a testament to the diligence of our moderators to delete this stuff quickly. possibly sleeping in late and being on the left coast helps me too lol

get well soon frank. i hope all is well or soon on its way.

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

It might elimnate alot of this if they added a subroutine that makes someone retype a set of characters that is given in a font picture. This stops automatic software from posting things like this.

Probably someone got a sign-on and used a program to automatically sign in and post.

Lastly, if it's a person, said person should be blocked and summarily shot...mob style.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:42 PM

wtex50 will become famous soon enoughwtex50 will become famous soon enough

Frank - Hope you are doing ok....will put you in my prayers.