The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 AM

mentor4hire is on a distinguished road
Default Vietnam and Thailand? help!!

I am going to Vietnam and Thailand next feb and I am looking for any info or anyone with experience over there. Where to go, what species come to the fly, who the guides are and how much it will cost.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentor4hire View Post
I am going to Vietnam and Thailand next feb and I am looking for any info or anyone with experience over there. Where to go, what species come to the fly, who the guides are and how much it will cost.
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/tongue.gif
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Vietnam and Thailand? help!!

I would try a search for adventure travel agencies or search the net for info on this.

By the way, redundant posts are generally removed. If anyone has a reply they will let you know.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM

I have trawled the net assiduously without much success. Only 2 outfits doing it and both seem to be charging American mainland guiding rates.http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...milies/mad.gif
Old 10-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to read this article, that features Jean-Francois Helias who is a fishing guide based in Thailand.
The Fly Fishing Forum - The Best Fly Fishing News and Information focused on North America - Be the village hero - in Laos!

Larry
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough

are you just fishing for fishing tips or also cool places to go?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:50 AM

I'm looking for cool places to go as well and any tips for fishing in either Vietnam or Thailand.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:53 AM

hunter1 is on a distinguished road

Why would you want to fish there. I served a year over there , 1969 to 1970. Watch were you step we left a lot of mines there. Besides there still all comies, and they still don't really love us yet.They still blame the U.S.A. for misplacing one million of there people. Thailand would be a better bet, I'v seen the French guide on t.v. shows and he knows the country and what he is doing.He catches some really big fish.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:53 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough

are you going by your self or with buddies? Check out phuket thailand. they have beautiful beaches. They have the chairs with umbrellas and dudes running up and down the beaches willing to get you anything you want for cheap. Going to see a muay thai fight is awesome. you can get ringside seats for around $12. the temples are really cool. You can get tuk tuk rides for about $6 all day. we had our driver from 8 am till 9pm. The driver gets paid to take you to places touristy places. Just tell exactly where you want to go. the night life out there is really amazing. Just remember that 95% of girls have the HIV.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

My brother-in-law has an insurance services company, and does a lot of business in China and Vietnam. Funny thing is I never asked him how he liked visiting Vietnam. He's been doing business in Vietnam for the past decade, so I'll give him a shout.....
Old 10-24-2010, 10:20 AM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1 View Post
Why would you want to fish there. I served a year over there , 1969 to 1970. Watch were you step we left a lot of mines there. Besides there still all comies, and they still don't really love us yet.They still blame the U.S.A. for misplacing one million of there people. Thailand would be a better bet, I'v seen the French guide on t.v. shows and he knows the country and what he is doing.He catches some really big fish.
Thank you for your service.