The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Frog Boats (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/6344-frog-boats.html)

txbevo 10-27-2008 11:37 AM

Frog Boats

I am trying to decide between a kayak or pontoon. Right now I have it narrowed down to a Native Ultimate 12 or Hobie Float Cat 75 Expedition. I like features of both, but I would like to be able to stand and that is in the Ultimate 12's favor, but I could sit up higher on the Hobie. I am not looking for large water capabilities. Will be using on rivers and small no-wake type lakes and ponds.

During my research I ran across this alternative and was wondering if anyone is familiar with this or has any comments (GoFroggin). There is actually a dealer here in the D/FW area and it looks like it my be a cross between the yak and pontoon with some of the best features of both. I would appreciate other's thoughts on this.

KRD 10-27-2008 03:36 PM

Re: Frog Boats

1500 for it, i think I will stick with my pontoon. Can't stand up, but I do not find the need for it. If I were you I would go to the dealer and see if they will let you demo it first. I think there site said something about "click here to schedule you demo"

Frank Whiton 10-27-2008 05:22 PM

Hi txbevo,

I looked at all of the boats that you mentioned. I didn't see any of them that would be good for a river unless the river was very slow. You have some good choices for lakes.

The Yak with the paddle setup looked interesting. It seems like the lady doing the paddling was raising her legs back close to her chest. I would want to try it before I bought one.

Frank

ezamora 10-28-2008 02:22 AM

talk to this guy. the forum seems misplaced right now...

Paddle & Flies - Kayak Fly Fishing with Ricky Mitchell

eric
fresno, ca.

gofroggin 10-28-2008 12:19 PM

Greeting's all! I am the Frog Boat Dealer for the US. I live in the Dallas Texas area and any/all are welcome to visit and Demo Boats at any time. The Boat was invented and is produced by OneFrogTwo in British Columbia. The website is onefrogtwo: The Frog Boat and feel free to visit the site. The posted pricing is in Canadian dollars so right now the price is less here in the US. We have logged hundreds of hours in these boats in all types of conditions from Class 3 rapids to small farm ponds and everything in between. Will gladly answer your questions and do our best to serve you. Blessing's! :)

GoFroggin

RDRogers 10-28-2008 03:19 PM

Here's what I fish out of.

Emotion Kayaks Mojo Angler

Love it. Easy to cartop and you can stand in it, although I haven't much. You can store lots of gear inside and it is self bailing so you stay pretty dry too.

txbevo 10-28-2008 04:50 PM

Thanks for the post. Now I have another option to consider. I like the looks of the Mojo Angler as well. Just when you think you have something narrowed down there is always another option.

RDRogers 10-28-2008 05:54 PM

Check out the Grand Slam by Emotion as well. Its a 14 footer that is popular. The Heritage Redfish series is a very popular angling kayak too.

RedFish 12 Angler

gofroggin 10-28-2008 06:34 PM

great to see all the creativity and improvements...thanks for sharing...:frogdance