The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Summer 2010 Best Photos!

The snow is flying and time on the water is getting limited by ole 'Mother Nature'! The computer gives my back and my sanity a break from the monotony of tying flies for my accounts and my clients for the next year. I need some encouragement from the rest of the board to keep my spirits up and there is nothing like photo's for uplifting my spirit and getting me motivated to head back into the tying room.

Here are a few highlight photos from my summer on the water, let's see what everyone else has to share!

Click the image to open in full size.

And the Best for last is a Brown Trout that Karen from Kalifornia caught on the Jefferson River this summer!

Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Summer 2010 Best Photos!

All great photos but I gotta love your fishing wagon! I have felt funny about what I drive ever since I sold my 1987 full size Bronco almost two years ago. I have always used old trucks that were not worth as much as the rods & reels I carried (not implying low value to your ride) and now I have a new truck and feel outta place.

Love the fishing wagon!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Biggie: That is one nice 25" Brown Trout Karen landed! Congrats!

Larry
Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Those are impressive pics Biggie. What a camera too. You're in a beautiful spot.
Got no pictures to motivate you back to the tying desk (cause I'm not very good at it yet). Maybe next year.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Love the old wagoneer, retore it, you won't regret it..the insect pics are great. and that brown just perfect
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 10-26-2010, 09:32 AM

kstump is on a distinguished road

May I ask what kind of rod cases you have on top of your Wagoneer? I've been looking for something like that and would appreciate any info you could pass along. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi kstump,

Here is a good one but not cheap. Feather-Craft sells them.

Frank

Titan Rod Vault
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play along. Here are some of my favorites from our busy fishing year:

One of our first trips of the year and some good fish:

A lot of time spent at the vise:

Got to play with the bear cubs:

And, more good fish:

My youngest son got back into the sport with a passion (just finished a new rod for him this past week):

Numerous fly tying expos and demos:

First ever trip to Montana's Big Horn River with LaMoyne Hyde from Hyde Driftboats:

More good fish and beautiful places:

And, a new 'best' place discovered:

My oldest with his personal best 21-inch brookie:

There was a lot more, but I think you get the flavor of what our year has been like.

Thanks for letting us participate. Fun thread.

Kelly.