The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 05:52 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Hello from the south

Just a note to say hi to everyone just joind today. I live in cent. Ar with a great wife and son and a wonderful daughter in north MO going to school. I fish the world famous Little Red River( caught an 11lb bow a couple weeks ago). For those that dont know the LRR is where the world record brown trout came from. I also fish Greers Ferry lake for hybrid striped bass, smallmouth,large mouth and spotts, and bream with a fly rod and other fish with other gear. Fly fishing has always been my great love in the sport, but I also just like catching fish. looking forward to talking fishing with ya'all
Bear
Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hello from the south

Welcome to the forum Bear.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:54 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Thank you sir,
I use to fish around the rocky mountian natinal forest some, my mom grew up in Fort Colliens, we use to go back once a year or so. My fav was twin bear lakes, caught some great bookies in there.
Bear
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 PM

texasflycaster is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you are in a sweet spot! Welcome. I'm further south for better-or-worse. shannon
Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 PM

Yes we seem to have landed in a pretty sweet spot, my wife and son have both cuaght their first browns and a bonus brook for my wife, and I have caught a rainbow that was 15 lbs now. Go figure move to an area known for BIG browns and I catch a rainbow of a life time haha, not that I am complaing at all.
thanks
Bear
Old 11-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

bear
Old 11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
RDRogers is on a distinguished road

Welcome bear. Did you get a chance to run up to the Norfork last week when they shut off the dam?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Thanks all,
No we didnt get a chance to head up there, bet it was hot though. I know our river was the first few days after they stoped generating after 3 months.
Bear