The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 10:45 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all
Default General question

When the forum opens, pictures form across the top of the page. How does one find out WHO these people are, and/or how to TIE the flies that are shown? Ay help?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: General question

Hi Auntie Em,

I would be glad to help you out but I don't understand the question. Can you give an example? Are you asking about pictures in the Gallery? Or are you asking about pictures that someone inserts in a post?

Frank
Old 11-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

OK will try again ...
When I first open NAFFF, pictures appear across the top of my page. "My stuff", "What's new", "What's popular, "Search". I actually recognize a few of the people shown, but otherwise, some of the flies that I'd like to try tying, or places that look cool, I have no idea how to find. Is there a way to find out who they are, how to tie the flies, and where they are? Thanks for helping!
Auntie Em
Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 AM

I see Frank on board right now, so I'll bump this one for an answer.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Auntie,

When I connect to NAFFF I open the Forum Portal page. There are two pictures at the top. One is a river with a fly fisher in the middle of the river fishing. The other is a picture of the butt of a fly rod with a reel attached.

I think when you connect to the NAFFF you are opening the Gallery page which is a secondary forum normally reached from the Forum Portal page. If that is true you are looking at pictures uploaded by members of NAFFF. Is this where you are looking at the photos? If so, click on the photo and it will open up and at the bottom is listed the information about the photo. See who posted it and send them a PM with your questions.

Does that make sense?

Frank