The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Just passing along a great deal! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/6883-just-passing-along-great-deal.html)

dorian.ducker 12-15-2008 01:43 PM

Just passing along a great deal!

Hey everyone, if you have followed these boards for a while, you probably know that I own an Albright A5 5 wt. for trout. It is the first "nicer" rod I bought and I still love it. There are others on this forum that agree with me that Echo and Albright rods are great choices for cheaper, quality rods.

I was just on the Albright website and saw that they are offering their entire inventory at 50-70 percent off!! With the Holidays here, and the economy tight, it might be a great opportunity to get a rod you might otherwise not consider! I am thinking about getting an 8 wt. in case I want to try steelhead, cruise the beaches in WA, or for Redfish in LA!! (My family is split between those two locations.)

Just wanted to pass it along!

Happy Holidays!

jclampwork88 12-15-2008 01:52 PM

Re: Just passing along a great deal!

thanks for the info. there are some great deals on there.

John

Jimmie 12-15-2008 02:05 PM

Nice find. Thanks for showing that. Looks like that top 8 wt. is 70% off.

jcl 12-17-2008 09:17 AM

These are some great deals. Anyone have an opinion on their reels?

OldMan 12-17-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcl (Post 41561)
These are some great deals. Anyone have an opinion on their reels?

Made in Asia of course. Ok, but a bit cheap. Not bad for the price.

The A5 rods are the best deal.

The reason they can do this is they stopped selling to shops, and are just selling to the public direct now. So, you're getting the wholesale prices.

Hardyreels 12-18-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorian.ducker (Post 41342)
Hey everyone, if you have followed these boards for a while, you probably know that I own an Albright A5 5 wt. for trout. It is the first "nicer" rod I bought and I still love it. There are others on this forum that agree with me that Echo and Albright rods are great choices for cheaper, quality rods.

I was just on the Albright website and saw that they are offering their entire inventory at 50-70 percent off!! With the Holidays here, and the economy tight, it might be a great opportunity to get a rod you might otherwise not consider! I am thinking about getting an 8 wt. in case I want to try steelhead, cruise the beaches in WA, or for Redfish in LA!! (My family is split between those two locations.)

Just wanted to pass it along!

Happy Holidays!

Great tip Duck,

I am always willing to try value priced rods. I have enough cash into the ones I own already. You like the Albright I take it?

I might try a 7/8 wt.

Ard