The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 01:43 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice
Default Just passing along a great deal!

Hey everyone, if you have followed these boards for a while, you probably know that I own an Albright A5 5 wt. for trout. It is the first "nicer" rod I bought and I still love it. There are others on this forum that agree with me that Echo and Albright rods are great choices for cheaper, quality rods.

I was just on the Albright website and saw that they are offering their entire inventory at 50-70 percent off!! With the Holidays here, and the economy tight, it might be a great opportunity to get a rod you might otherwise not consider! I am thinking about getting an 8 wt. in case I want to try steelhead, cruise the beaches in WA, or for Redfish in LA!! (My family is split between those two locations.)

Just wanted to pass it along!

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:52 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just passing along a great deal!

thanks for the info. there are some great deals on there.

John
Old 12-15-2008, 02:05 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nice find. Thanks for showing that. Looks like that top 8 wt. is 70% off.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 AM

jcl is on a distinguished road

These are some great deals. Anyone have an opinion on their reels?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 AM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl View Post
These are some great deals. Anyone have an opinion on their reels?

Made in Asia of course. Ok, but a bit cheap. Not bad for the price.

The A5 rods are the best deal.

The reason they can do this is they stopped selling to shops, and are just selling to the public direct now. So, you're getting the wholesale prices.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
Hey everyone, if you have followed these boards for a while, you probably know that I own an Albright A5 5 wt. for trout. It is the first "nicer" rod I bought and I still love it. There are others on this forum that agree with me that Echo and Albright rods are great choices for cheaper, quality rods.

I was just on the Albright website and saw that they are offering their entire inventory at 50-70 percent off!! With the Holidays here, and the economy tight, it might be a great opportunity to get a rod you might otherwise not consider! I am thinking about getting an 8 wt. in case I want to try steelhead, cruise the beaches in WA, or for Redfish in LA!! (My family is split between those two locations.)

Just wanted to pass it along!

Happy Holidays!
Great tip Duck,

I am always willing to try value priced rods. I have enough cash into the ones I own already. You like the Albright I take it?

I might try a 7/8 wt.

Ard