The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 04:54 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Winston rods

I bought a winston ascent rod a few weeks ago and just do not care for it a little to soft for me so I passed it on to my wife. I was thinking about getting a winston vapor. They say its a fast action rod. I was wondering if anyone has fished the vapor? how does it cast? Do you like it?
Thanks for any info
Bear
Old 12-17-2008, 04:57 PM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Winston rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
I bought a winston ascent rod a few weeks ago and just do not care for it a little to soft for me so I passed it on to my wife. I was thinking about getting a winston vapor. They say its a fast action rod. I was wondering if anyone has fished the vapor? how does it cast? Do you like it?
Thanks for any info
Bear
The Sage Fli is a fast rod, and they're on close out now. Give it a try. Made in US too.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:36 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Thanks Pete, but I already own one. lol They are a great rod. I am a bit of a gear junky I am afraid. That and someone already bought me a winston t-shirt and hat,,sooo I guess I ought to own a winston rod. lol
Life is unfair I'm afraid so little time and so mnay fish and so much gear.
Bear
Old 12-18-2008, 01:39 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

i fished a vapor a couple of months ago for freshwater stripers. nice rod, i dug the color, i'm pretty sure it was a 9 foot 7wt. but it wasn't up to the task (or maybe it was me) for casting a big clouser with a T-14 sinking line from a float tube, a challenge itself for someone who normally fishes 4wt floating trout lines. a faster TFO TiCrX 9 foot 7wt WAS and worked better for me in those conditions.

eric
fresno, ca.