The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 07:28 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Merry Christmas to me

I was in the local Gander Mountain today with my father. I came across something that I just could not walk away from....even against my better judgement....

I'm a proud owner of a 7'-6", 2wt, 4pc St. Croix Legend Elite....Retail was 299.99...got it for 131.00 out the door. They have at least one 2wt and two 3wts left at the same price (124.99).

I had to go ask someone if this was a mistake and if it came with the tube....Almost felt as if I was stealing it...except my credit card company loves me to death...I still don't know how I feel about a 130.00 panfish rod...
Old 12-21-2008, 07:59 PM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Merry Christmas to me

That sounds like a sweet deal!!!!! I wish I was in that area, I would go and get that same deal!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I have owned two of their rods, a 7'9" 4wt, and 7'6" 3wt. both were great casting rods. You'll like it no matter what your're fishing for.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:17 AM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I was in the local Gander Mountain today with my father. I came across something that I just could not walk away from....even against my better judgement....

I'm a proud owner of a 7'-6", 2wt, 4pc St. Croix Legend Elite....Retail was 299.99...got it for 131.00 out the door. They have at least one 2wt and two 3wts left at the same price (124.99).

I had to go ask someone if this was a mistake and if it came with the tube....Almost felt as if I was stealing it...except my credit card company loves me to death...I still don't know how I feel about a 130.00 panfish rod...
I think that you mean a Legend Ultra. The Elite doesn't come in a 2wt.
The Legend Ultra is also a wonderful rod. Thanks for the tip....... I'll check out my Gander Mountain store.

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan
Old 12-22-2008, 08:08 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Damn, you're right.

Doesn't really matter, I got a great deal. Blind hog finds a nut every now and then....
Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM

ab4usa is on a distinguished road

SUre would like to know where that is
Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 AM

Winchester, VA.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 PM

jcl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
Winchester, VA.
Well, that's the easy part. The hard part is going to be convincing my wife why we need to pull off the highway at the halfway point to my hometown and delay our Christmas visit when I've already got a few fly rods. If you can help me out with THAT part, I'd really appreciate it...
Old 12-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Sorry chief, you be on your own there....don't need some angry wife (other than my own) hunting me down because I passed on some information...they have their own network, ya know...kinda scary sometimes
Old 12-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl View Post
Well, that's the easy part. The hard part is going to be convincing my wife why we need to pull off the highway at the halfway point to my hometown and delay our Christmas visit when I've already got a few fly rods. If you can help me out with THAT part, I'd really appreciate it...
Dig around and find out how many pairs of shoes she has.
Good chance you'll be able to use that as leverage