The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 06:36 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Cabela's

the wife and I just got back from NW MO. seeing folks for the hollidays.
Stoped at Cabelas in Kansas City, KS. they have LOTS of great buys on fly fishing gear. I picked up some 5 buck flies for 1.88 and good leaders for 1.88, lots of other stuff also at great prices.
No I am not a cabela's employ lol just pasing along a great thing
happy hollidays
Bear
Old 12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabela's

Hey, I even have a Cabela's credit card so I get Cabela bucks......it's all good!
I just wish our Cabela had better selection of fly tying material....all catalog stuff and now we have to pay shipping AND state tax.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

At least you got one all I have is a damn Gander MT. LOL
They raelly have a SMALL fly section for anything, gear flies tying material. I do have a couple good fly shop though.
Merry Christmas
Bear
Old 12-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Gander Mt. "DICKS" LOL
Old 12-23-2008, 05:34 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Are you saying that Gander Mt. is own by Dick's Sporting goods? If so, I believe it is not. The main problem with Gander Mountain is that they do not keep back stock. I have Bass Pro, Cabela's, Orvis, L.L.Bean, and a bunch of small fly shops to go to by me. The only places I never go for fly fishing paraphernalia is Orvis and L.L.Beans. It helps that I work at Cabala's too though.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I dont belive so, all though they are dicks there LOL
I asked a couple employes there a ? and get everything from DUHHH I'm not sure to the look that says , what are you bothering me for, I am just here to get a check. lol
And the one guy that did offer to help kept talking and after a couple minutes I figured out he was liveing in his own little world and didnt know nearly as much as he thought he did lol
Old 12-23-2008, 06:13 PM

It was a joke...I know they are not the same co. but, I swear they hire the same help!

But, think about it...where do you work? "DICKS" LOL
Old 12-24-2008, 08:22 AM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It was a joke...I know they are not the same co. but, I swear they hire the same help!

Good customer service is really hard to find. I think that alot of places hire from the same pool.

John
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Where do you work? "DICKS"
Who do you work with?" DICKS"
Who do you work for? "DICKS"
LOL
Thats funny there, I don't care who ya are
Old 12-24-2008, 08:34 AM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
Where do you work? "DICKS"
Who do you work with?" DICKS"
Who do you work for? "DICKS"
LOL
Thats funny there, I don't care who ya are
That is why I don't work there.LOL

John