The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 PM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default Mya DeRyan: Amazing Fish Artist

Found this on another forum. Thought I would share:

Mya DeRyan is a world reknown Gyotaku artist. Her fine art prints, taken by applying ink directly to the fish, result in a perfect representation of your trophy. She then uses various media to realistically and creatively depect the colouration and sheen of the species being represented. Years of experimentation and exploration have resulted in a peerless technique that allows her to pull fine detail from even the finest scaled freshwater species. Literally a scale for scale representation. Her social conscience dictates that her works contribute to conservation and habitat restoration, truly giving back to the resourse that feeds her artistic expression.

Have a look at her website..
www.thefishrubber.com
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 12-24-2008, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Mya DeRyan: Amazing Fish Artist

This is another link to Mya DeRyan's work, Artist Page
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 PM

Just an update -- there appears to be a problem with the first link I posted, www.thefishrubber.com -- but the other link does work and shows off Mya's work -- I hope to do an article on her art -- I'll keep you posted on any further developments
Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

My wife got me a T-shirt years ago with a walleye image on the front. It was done with a similar process. No, the shirt didn't smell like a fish.