The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 AM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Czech Nymphing - Flyfishing?

The bottom line is fish the way that brings you the most enjoyment, and ignore what others think about it. You should only be concerned with pleasing yourself. Not others.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Right on!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Cliff, to me anytime you put some split shot or weighted flies on the end of your tippet, it's not the line any more that's getting the fly out. It is the weight. That's why I don't like to chuck 'n duck. You never know where the damn lead and hooks are going.
You're still using artificial flies to fish with.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Cliff, to me anytime you put some split shot or weighted flies on the end of your tippet, it's not the line any more that's getting the fly out. It is the weight. That's why I don't like to chuck 'n duck. You never know where the damn lead and hooks are going.
You're still using artificial flies to fish with.
I figure if you can use the same amount of weight on a spinning rod and achieve the same casting distance, then its the weight that is getting the fly out. (quite a lot to do that, actually) Normally it just doesn't work this way.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

The only time Czech nymping bothers me is when they use it in competitions in the U.S. under Euro rules! I HATE that more than math tests
A bazzilion flies, in line with no weight other than what is on the flies? That's not fly fishing... that's a cross between dredging and trot-lining and it ain't American!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
The only time Czech nymping bothers me is when they use it in competitions in the U.S. under Euro rules! I HATE that more than math tests
A bazzilion flies, in line with no weight other than what is on the flies? That's not fly fishing... that's a cross between dredging and trot-lining and it ain't American!
Now I know why you hate math tests so much.
(there is no such number as bazzilion)
Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 AM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough

Sure there is. It's 1000 gazillion.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:51 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Would you believe I meant Brazilian?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Would you believe I meant Brazilian?
Are you a blonde?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 AM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I only know it's less than google.