The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   black friday vs fishing rod, what ya think? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/72408-black-friday-vs-fishing-rod-what-ya-think.html)

kimkim3074 11-17-2010 12:43 AM

black friday vs fishing rod, what ya think?

Hi, there. Black friday is coming. What do u gonna buy? i'm always up for black friday shopping... . I did some searching on google.com, but did not find anything great except these Organized Fishing Rod Racks . What ya think about them? Are they nice to go with? If anyone sees something great , please post here so we all can share in this section. By the way, where is everyone going this year? what time are you getting there?

Vans 11-17-2010 07:31 PM

Re: black friday vs fishing rod, what ya think?

I am not looking forward to this years Black Friday. My mother is heading to Az for the winter months and i have to drive down there with her. Ugg...

MoscaPescador 11-17-2010 08:36 PM

I worked for a large sporting goods for 14 years and a major specialty ski and snowboard shop for two, so I hate Black Fridays. I'm glad those days are over.

As for gift buying, I have no need for a Black Friday deal. I got it covered.

MP

FrankB2 11-17-2010 09:45 PM

I worked for a retail store, and was partners in a retail bike shop. We didn't accept cash returns at the bike shop (store credit), but the other retail shop I managed had HUGE returns after Christmas. I got a percentage of sales, but it seemed that percentage disappeared almost completely after the first week of January. :(

What are you looking for, KimKim? There are always deals to be found, especially when the next year's stuff is coming out: Winston BIIX rods for example. That's a pricey example, so you can go to LL Bean's daily markdown for smaller purchases. They had Sharkskin line at half price a couple weeks ago, but you have to get in on the deal that day. The smaller shops might have some sales on things like the Winston BIIX, but their margin and volume don't really allow for huge discounts. I'm sure they'd appreciate the business, however. ;)

kimkim3074 11-18-2010 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankB2 (Post 166979)
I worked for a retail store, and was partners in a retail bike shop. We didn't accept cash returns at the bike shop (store credit), but the other retail shop I managed had HUGE returns after Christmas. I got a percentage of sales, but it seemed that percentage disappeared almost completely after the first week of January. :(

What are you looking for, KimKim? There are always deals to be found, especially when the next year's stuff is coming out: Winston BIIX rods for example. That's a pricey example, so you can go to LL Bean's daily markdown for smaller purchases. They had Sharkskin line at half price a couple weeks ago, but you have to get in on the deal that day. The smaller shops might have some sales on things like the Winston BIIX, but their margin and volume don't really allow for huge discounts. I'm sure they'd appreciate the business, however. ;)

so many stuff I expect to buy. Say, some other fishing stuff, a nice camera, and a nice laptop for my mother...
Thanks for your share.