The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 12:43 AM

kimkim3074 is on a distinguished road
Default black friday vs fishing rod, what ya think?

Hi, there. Black friday is coming. What do u gonna buy? i'm always up for black friday shopping... . I did some searching on google.com, but did not find anything great except these Organized Fishing Rod Racks . What ya think about them? Are they nice to go with? If anyone sees something great , please post here so we all can share in this section. By the way, where is everyone going this year? what time are you getting there?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: black friday vs fishing rod, what ya think?

I am not looking forward to this years Black Friday. My mother is heading to Az for the winter months and i have to drive down there with her. Ugg...
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I worked for a large sporting goods for 14 years and a major specialty ski and snowboard shop for two, so I hate Black Fridays. I'm glad those days are over.

As for gift buying, I have no need for a Black Friday deal. I got it covered.

MP
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked for a retail store, and was partners in a retail bike shop. We didn't accept cash returns at the bike shop (store credit), but the other retail shop I managed had HUGE returns after Christmas. I got a percentage of sales, but it seemed that percentage disappeared almost completely after the first week of January.

What are you looking for, KimKim? There are always deals to be found, especially when the next year's stuff is coming out: Winston BIIX rods for example. That's a pricey example, so you can go to LL Bean's daily markdown for smaller purchases. They had Sharkskin line at half price a couple weeks ago, but you have to get in on the deal that day. The smaller shops might have some sales on things like the Winston BIIX, but their margin and volume don't really allow for huge discounts. I'm sure they'd appreciate the business, however.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 AM

kimkim3074 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
I worked for a retail store, and was partners in a retail bike shop. We didn't accept cash returns at the bike shop (store credit), but the other retail shop I managed had HUGE returns after Christmas. I got a percentage of sales, but it seemed that percentage disappeared almost completely after the first week of January.

What are you looking for, KimKim? There are always deals to be found, especially when the next year's stuff is coming out: Winston BIIX rods for example. That's a pricey example, so you can go to LL Bean's daily markdown for smaller purchases. They had Sharkskin line at half price a couple weeks ago, but you have to get in on the deal that day. The smaller shops might have some sales on things like the Winston BIIX, but their margin and volume don't really allow for huge discounts. I'm sure they'd appreciate the business, however.
so many stuff I expect to buy. Say, some other fishing stuff, a nice camera, and a nice laptop for my mother...
Thanks for your share.