The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default The four feather shines!

I am always looking at new patterns and some really catch my eye. This one did just that and so I tied up a bunch for the Bluegill swap.

It is true that allot of flies out there are more for the Fishermen than the fish, but you do learn what to look for in a fly, like Peacock os always good

Here is a little on the four feather:

Wiese's Four Feathers: One of our best-selling nymphs. I developed the original gray pattern (still the most effective version) to utilize four feathers that work well on other nymphs: lemon wood duck for the tail, natural ostrich herl for the abdomen, peacock herl for the thorax, and natural pheasant tail for the wingcase and legs. Gold or copper Krystal Flash as an "under-wingcase" and legs complete the ensemble. It's an excellent attractor nymph used as a complement to the beadhead Prince, while in smaller sizes it's effective for spookier trout. Available in the original gray, brown, and olive.

Anyway, I tested this pattern and results are outstanding. It is truly a ONE CAST fly.

Today I took it out to try and here is what happened:

Click the image to open in full size.

It works GREAT on trout, I hope it works equally well on BLUEGILL.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:22 PM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The four feather shines!

A bleached blonde?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni

That is a cool looking fly, but that fish looks like he has taken a heavy dose of radiation and then been on Chemo for six weeks! LOL!

Larry
Old 01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

He is a TRUE blonde LOL Yeah, I called it ROCKY! Definitely been beat up, but he didn't miss a meal! WHAT A HOG!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

For sure, he is a HOG! Congrats!

Larry
Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Sweeeeet fish
Bear
Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 AM

boone is on a distinguished road

sorry if this is just dumb but what kind of fish is that? Is it an albino rainbow? It looks alot like a rianbow and seems to have some faint coloring.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I took a quick glimpse of the fish, and thought it was a carp with a strange
mouth .

Where's a pic of the fly, Joni? Sounds like a good pattern!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a Palimino trout a throw off of a rainbow..W.Va. started them years ago.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-14-2009, 03:50 PM

It is an Albino Trout...right down to the red eyes although this one might have been blind in the eye that is showing

They are all over some of the lakes in the Uinta's but I have never seen one this big.

Here is a small one from the Uinta's with thoooosssssseee eyes.

Click the image to open in full size.