The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:25 PM

fishosopher is on a distinguished road
Default Leland Upgrade Program

I'm sure others have talked about Leland's Upgrade Program, but it's such an excellent service that I'd like to promote it.

Leland Fly Fishing of San Francisco Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters: The Leader in Fly Fishing Gear, Fly Rods, Fly Reels and Fly Tying Kit will sell your old fly fishing gear on ebay and credit the proceeds to you. And they'll pay for the shipping costs of sending the equipment to them.

I sold a Sage Discovery rod that had to be 20 years old for $178! Heck, I only paid about $200 for it. Then a Sage 506 reel & spool (heavy, no real drag), a medium action 3 wt. T&T rod (whippy) that I'd bought for half off and never liked, and an 8 wt. Sage SP without enough backbone to do what an 8 wt. should. (Leland repaired the cork on the T&T for free.) This all took a while. Leland will alert you to the posting of your old equipment on ebay so you can follow the auctions. Leland's photography and knowledgible copy writing are beyond anything I could do.

I'd hoped to get enough credit to get a Sage Z-axis 8 wt. In the end I covered that rod and most of a Sage premium 3 wt. Life is good.

My one concern is that I like to support my local fly fishing shop and of course all these stores are struggling to compete with the big internet sites like Leland. But I continue to buy from my local shop and could never have afforded these two new rods without the Leland Upgrade Program.
We're all in the same boat. We all come 'ere and we don't know why. We all go in our turn and we don't know where. If you are a bit better off, be thankful. And if you don't get into trouble an' make a fool of yourself, well, be thankful for that,'cos you easily might.--J.B.Priestley
Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Leland Upgrade Program

I've never had a problem selling fishing gear on ebay. Then i'm free to buy where I want to.