The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about
Default Familiar Waters

Over the past couple of weeks I came across a fly fishing show on the Outdoor Channel called "Familiar Waters". It is hosted by and features Mike Pawalak. Mike was a QB for the Tampa Bay Bucs and also played in the arena league.. Anyway, I have watched 3 episodes so far and it is a well produced show. Two of the shows featured trout fishing and one was on tarpon in Florida. I have to say that after watching the last show about Alaskan Bows, I am trying to figure out how I am going to talk the wife into letting me go to Alaska this year. It is a good show. Check it out. (I am in no way affiliated with the show or anyone involved in it.)
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Familiar Waters

Well you could take her on a cruise up there, I belive they have those now where you have more time in-land. that or talk her into going and sight seeing if she likes nature, one of the prettiest places on earth you or she could ever see. Or hell, just get the credit cards out and send her to a spaw get away for a week.
If she dosent fish, take her bluegill fishing, get her hooked then build up Alaska and take her with ya.
Bear
Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tx

Thanks for the heads up, I like watching fly fishing shows in the winter.
I sure miss the fishing in Alaska. I'm in the same boat, my wife doesn't care for fishing, so I haven't figured out a good way to get back up there on a fishing trip. A friend of mine here in town goes up everry year. Lucky guy (but his wife passed away a few years ago, not so lucky there).

Larry
Old 01-19-2009, 06:14 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking for that one.
I'm with you on dreaming about an Alaska trip.