The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM

foothillstrout is on a distinguished road
Default G Loomis

I was looking to purchase a G Loomis Eastfork and wondered if anyone had any comments about the rod and if anyone had any experience with the warranty of G Loomis. I have heard such things as their turn around time on warranties take forever but I wanted to know how they compare to other fly rod manufactures.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 AM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all
Default Re: G Loomis

I'd call them and ask. If you broke your rod you used to be able to call them and, for fifty dollars, they'd express mail you a new rod. (Later you'd send the broken rod back.)

What I liked about their warranty was that you didn't have to send in a warranty card and register the rod; so if you sold the rod the person that bought the rod, in effect, also bought the warranty.

Randy