The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM

shotgun25 is on a distinguished road
Default New to fly fishing

Hello I am a new member and new to fly Fishing. I fly fished when I was younger a little down at the lake. I have a 7 rod and use #5 line. I do a lot of trout fishing but now I am trying my hand at fly fishing. I will be needing HELP or advice I am sure.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: New to fly fishing

Well ya came to the right place, alot of good folks here that now what they are talking about. Welcome
Bear
Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Ask away Shotgun, and welcome!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM

Thank you looking for some waders Any help on what kind?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun25 View Post
Thank you looking for some waders Any help on what kind?
I was just telling someone else that my wife, son and I have been useing Cabelas Dry-Plus for a little over a year now and really like them. Built in gravel guards, inside chest pocket and only around 100.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

That is a somewhat touchy subject. BREATHABLES, but I think everyone has their preference. For me it is Orvis, Simm's and William Joseph.

Boots, I have often thought that the waders with the boot attached would be nice, but if one wears out faster than the other, you have to replace both.
I also think FELT SOLES are going by the way side. To the point they COULD be outlawed in the future.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 PM

I will need some help on what flies to use and when. Like just got started fly fishing. Thank you for all the help so far. I think will be a good forum for Info.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM

I hope we can help. Have you caught anything on a fly yet?
Do you just Target just Trout?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun25 View Post
I will need some help on what flies to use and when. Like just got started fly fishing. Thank you for all the help so far. I think will be a good forum for Info.
Well its hard to tell you what flies to use without knowing what you fish you are chasing, but a box of wooly buggers in diffrent sizes and clolors are always a good strating place. Those flies will catch anything that swims man.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM

YES! Woollies, Haresears, Prince (bead, and no bead) Pheasant Tails (bead, no bead and flashbacks) Copper Johns. Then Dries, Griffith Gnats and Adams.
And like stated...different sizes.