The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:39 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Your biggest fish on a fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Yeow! thats allot of fish on 4lb. BEAUTIFUL
Scared the hell outa me when I seen HOW BIG he was LOL
Old 01-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I wish my wife would let me fish. Everytime I reach for my rod, she yells at me to "Get back on the oars mister!"

Largest Trout on a flyrod was a 27" Rainbow caught on a Canadian Red Mohair Leech.
It was on a private ranch here in Northern Utah. That was about 12yrs ago, and to get in there now would only cost me $5000.00 for the membership.

Sorry no pics, but I do have a link where you can see the size of the fish this place has. http://groups.msn.com/WCOFish06/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 PM

boone is on a distinguished road

Click the image to open in full size.

20' rainbow caught him on a 5wt with 6x tippet and a # 16 pheasant tail.

He jumped like crazy and put up an awesome fight one of the best moments of my life. My heart was pounding a thousand beats a minute.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

never weighed my fish by would say these 3 steelhead (people say 3rd pic is a coho) were the biggest I have gotten so far.prolly around 27-30 inches or so. all caught on minnow patterns

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

This was on a 6 weight rod, 6lb fluoro, intermediate line and a "Hot Chocolate" #12 fly:

This was caught on a "Four Feather" fly, 5 weight bamboo, Sharkskin line.

Last edited by Joni; 07-31-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Joni, I get chills every time I come across that top pic. What a brute!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM

rowdy will become famous soon enough

That Palomino is a pig!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Joni, I get chills every time I come across that top pic. What a brute!!
Me too! Once in a life time. I still want to got for Steelhead or Salmon, just so I can feel that again, cause I don't think I will ever find a Hybrid like that again! Come close with 30"ers, but no yard.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: Your private ranch in Utah reminds me of the fishing at Monster Lake, WY. It is 10 miles south of Cody. The property is now closed to the public, the ranch sold to a private developer. Here is a link to a story when it was open to the public on a pay to fish basis:
Fly Fishing Monster Lake

Larry
Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

The biggest fish i ever caught on a fly rod i can't remember but this fall before the lakes froze over i caught a three pound rainbow, its not big but in the lake i was fishing there was a little box thing where you record the size of the fish and the biggest ones in there where 8-10 inchers. so the fish i caught was a pig on this lake.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com